Any shooters out there?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
SigSauerLover

Any shooters out there?

Postby SigSauerLover » May 18th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Are they any other shooters that are a part of this forum? It's one of my favorite pass times, even more so than gaming actually. Nothing for me beats going into the woods or at the range, and blasting .357 SIG shells down range out of a Browning Hi-Power conversion, or shooting .223 slugs down range out of an AR-15 modern sporting rifle.

So, are there any others?

SigSauerLover

Re: Any shooters out there?

Postby SigSauerLover » June 8th, 2015, 7:01 pm

I personally grew up with 1911's and M1917 revolvers. The .45 ACP is a heck of a cartridge. I love the M1917, only because the moon clips make it so easy to reload your weapon. I can get off 12 shots in 4 seconds using a moon clip easily. Black powder is something I'd love to tinker with eventually, but I hear it's rather uncontrolled.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » October 1st, 2015, 6:11 pm

I like shooting, and I also enjoy hunting. When I hunt, I use my Remington bolt action .270. Love that gun.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 4th, 2015, 8:13 am

On a side note, why so much love for Sig? I used to work for them. Lots of interesting things going on in that place.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » October 4th, 2015, 1:23 pm

I remember it clearly. 1992, my dad had come upstairs to show me a new handgun he got. It was a P220. I held it in my hand, and I was in love. It felt so great. The grip was fantastic. With just a hint of a beaver tail. It fit my hand so well I couldn't believe it. When we finally took it out to shoot, it felt great. It was a very smooth shooter. The recoil was very light, always a plus when you're trying to be accurate with multiple shots. Later on I got a P226, which was actually my carry gun for quite a while. What I love about the P226 is the looks, the accuracy, the feel, and the action. People go crazy over Glocks, and while they are good pistols, I can't say I'm a huge fan in comparison to the SIG. Double Action/Single Action is a lot better to me than a Glock trigger. You get that first heavy pull. When carrying, it makes worrying about accidentally getting a shot off a non-issue. I notice a lot of Glock carriers worry about it for some reason.

basically I love the feel of SIG pistols. They're reliable, accurate, and feel excellent. Not to say they're the only good manufacturer. I like Glock, H&K makes really good stuff, and my favorite semi-auto pistol ever is the Hi-Power. It's just that SIG feels the best to me.

Return to “Other Media”