Mad Max: Fury Road

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
velcrozombie

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Postby velcrozombie » May 23rd, 2015, 2:26 pm

Vexer6 wrote:I fail to see how i'm being "contrarian" merely because I disagree with certain opinions.

You have a habit of pointing out to everyone the fact that you disagree with someone every time you see an opinion that differs from your own. There's a difference between having a mutual conversation with the other person about your differing opinion and merely broadcasting to everyone else that you have a different opinon just for the sake of it.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » May 23rd, 2015, 9:54 pm

I really don't see anything wrong with stating that I have a different opinion, and i never do that merely for the sake of doing so.

scotland

Postby scotland » May 24th, 2015, 12:00 am

Vexer6 wrote:I really don't see anything wrong with stating that I have a different opinion, and i never do that merely for the sake of doing so.

Which is making people feel dismissed, annoyed, hurt, and defensive.

Oltobaz

Postby Oltobaz » May 24th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Vexer6 wrote:I really don't see anything wrong with stating that I have a different opinion, and i never do that merely for the sake of doing so.

Most of the time, such as in this very thread, you do not rely on arguments. You do not explain your views, yet you "definitely disagree". Opinions, that is to say, personnal thoughts, are always subjective, they can become interesting to other people/readers the moment you back them up. If you don't, they won't matter to anyone else than yourself, in which case, should be kept personnal. The same applies in real life, by the way. Talking too much when you barely have anything to say isn't a good thing.
Same goes for randomly disagreeing with people without providing explanations on a regular basis. Poor manners, lack of social skills, whichever. It's not a good thing.

Return to “Other Media”