Best cocktail you've ever had?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
ptdebate

Best cocktail you've ever had?

Postby ptdebate » August 12th, 2015, 11:13 pm

So--I know this isn't really a "medium," strictly speaking, but I'm sure many of us on the forum enjoy a nice stiff drink after a long workday.

I'm not the biggest cocktail guy and mostly prefer to enjoy my spirits neat or, in rare cases, on the rocks. That being said, there are a few amazing cocktails I've had the pleasure to enjoy over the years.

My favorite so far is the Last Word, a gin cocktail hailing from the pre-prohibition Detroit Athletic Club. Consisting of green chartreuse, gin, maraschino liqueur, and fresh lime juice shaken hard and strained, it hits the mouth crisp and refreshing like a margarita but gradually reveals a broad sweet/vegetal/earthy palate conferred by the combination of maraschino and chartreuse.

What is your favorite cocktail?

SigSauerLover

Re: Best cocktail you've ever had?

Postby SigSauerLover » August 15th, 2015, 1:27 pm

My buddy Rob made me a Sex on the Beach, and it's probably the best I've ever had.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » August 15th, 2015, 6:30 pm

Jameson. Neat.

Tron

Postby Tron » August 21st, 2015, 8:57 pm

I don't really care for alcohol, but I'm curious about absinthe. I've never had it, but it sounds like there are some interesting stories behind it.

I guess my fave mixed drink is capt. Morgan spiced rum & cola.

My favorite beer is Rolling Rock.

Return to “Other Media”