Highlander TV

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Tron

Highlander TV

Postby Tron » August 21st, 2015, 9:06 pm

I watched the 1st season & liked it. I just started the 2nd.

What I like best about the show is the concept. The stories are pretty good, not too much depth, some decent action & I'm good with that.

I'm not crazy about the actors. Duncan seems like a generic good guy. He's gotta be a nice guy. I like flawed heroes & I don't see any flaws in him other than being too nice. Tesa is hot, but she seems snooty & cold. Pretty, but not sexy. Richie is a tool. He has to get better as a character, because he can't get much worse.

Not too impressed with the guest stars so far. Having Lambert from the movie in the 1st episode was nice. I like Lambert better than Duncan. I liked seeing Richard Moll from Night Court, Joan Jett & the Beastmaster. So I guess the guest stars have been pretty good.

ActRaiser

Re: Highlander TV

Postby ActRaiser » August 22nd, 2015, 10:16 am

I used to love that show when I was a kid. There was talk of a reboot of the original movie some time ago but I can't seem to find anything new about it.

Are you watching it on a streaming service or by DVD?

Tron

Re: Highlander TV

Postby Tron » August 22nd, 2015, 5:38 pm

I'm watching the whole series on DVD. With that noted I'll say the DVD quality is really bad. My Star Trek VHS tapes are of better visual quality then these DVDs. Pretty grainy stuff. When I pause it to see how much Duncan does of his own stunts, very little by the way, it is very grainy. I also got The Raven as a throw in. From what my friend says The Raven was a spinoff that was horrible. I'll watch it once I finish the whole series.

Return to “Other Media”