The Walking Dead [SPOILERS]

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Rookie1

The Walking Dead [SPOILERS]

Postby Rookie1 » October 12th, 2015, 5:56 pm

So what are your thoughts on the premier?

I thought Ricks plan was stupid, but rick isn't firing on all cylinders.

Also, who thinks Morgan honked the horn at the end?

Tron

Re: The Walking Dead [SPOILERS]

Postby Tron » October 12th, 2015, 10:21 pm

Is Morgan the priest? If so that's who I think the horn blower is.

Awesome episode. Loved the action & loved the story idea. I can't really complain as I was very pleased, but here's my complaints anyways....

1. Zombies all dress the same. Anyone else notice how they all wear gray or black? I know they're dirty & all, but where's the Hawaiian shirt zombie?

2. Those long distance zombie shots look like CGI to me. Computer graphics belong in video games not TV or movies.

3. This episode worked fine, but in the future I want some character deaths. Everybody loves Darrell, Michone, the boy & Glen, but let's kill some people off. The cast is large, yet I felt like last season was a disappointment in that none of the main players died.

That's all I can think of right now. I really liked the story & the execution. I actually liked ricks idea to move the herd. It's not his fault someone sabotaged it.

Last thing: I hope the hot chick whose husband Rick killed doesn't love him. Maybe she should shack up with Eugene just to piss him off. Angry Rick is better then happy Rick.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 13th, 2015, 6:35 am

Tron wrote:Is Morgan the priest? If so that's who I think the horn blower is.

Morgan is Rick's friend from Season 1. He has sweet bo staff skill now.

Tron wrote:2. Those long distance zombie shots look like CGI to me. Computer graphics belong in video games not TV or movies.

On talking dead, they said the biggest day only had 300 real people in costume. But yeah, obvious CGI was obvious.

Tron wrote:3. This episode worked fine, but in the future I want some character deaths. Everybody loves Darrell, Michone, the boy & Glen, but let's kill some people off. The cast is large, yet I felt like last season was a disappointment in that none of the main players died.

If I had to guess, Abrham's group will be killed off, and probably carol. I dont know where the story is going to go this season so its anyones guess.

Tron wrote:I actually liked ricks idea to move the herd. It's not his fault someone sabotaged it.

The plan had too large of a margin of error. With all the extra cars they had, they could have stacked them in the quarry and reinforced them with boulders. Then, slowly thinned out the numbers over time. Instead, he acts like the pied piper.

Tron

Postby Tron » October 14th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Abraham is my 2nd favorite character. He's one guy I actually hope survives.

Funny analogy of Rick as the pied piper, that was good. I like your idea too. When I was watching I just kept thinking about making a couple of bombs & blowing the area up.

Tron

Postby Tron » October 18th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Another major thing I forgot that I didn't like was all the black & white scenes. It was great in the Wizard of Oz, but not anymore. Some may say it's an "artistic choice". I say it's a way to try & hide shoddy work. Things like detail, make-up & lighting can all be hid behind black & white shots. The other problem was I didn't see any reason behind it. Why were some scenes in color & others weren't. If there was some sort of reason maybe I could appreciate it, like how sometimes black & white is used for scenes done in the past.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 19th, 2015, 6:15 am

Tron wrote:Another major thing I forgot that I didn't like was all the black & white scenes. It was great in the Wizard of Oz, but not anymore. Some may say it's an "artistic choice". I say it's a way to try & hide shoddy work. Things like detail, make-up & lighting can all be hid behind black & white shots. The other problem was I didn't see any reason behind it. Why were some scenes in color & others weren't. If there was some sort of reason maybe I could appreciate it, like how sometimes black & white is used for scenes done in the past.

The B&W scenes were past events. That way you can distinguish what happened, and what is happening. I thought it worked out well. Kept me from having to answer a million question for my wife and mom the next day :D

Last night's episode was good. I was curious how they were going to go about this season. I was hoping it wouldnt be another season 2/3 clone, where they just sit in one spot and farm. I wonder if they will either A. try to fortify their position even more B. hit the road again or C. coral all the zombies in to the Wolve's camp.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » October 19th, 2015, 7:28 pm

I'm just glad that Heath, one of my favorite characters from the comics is on the show now. I was worried last season when he was nowhere to be found in Alexandria.

Tron

Postby Tron » October 23rd, 2015, 9:02 pm

Well the black & white scenes at leat make sense now. Still too much of it, but ok.

I've never really liked Carol, but I will concede that she's the best developed & surprising character. The writers did a good job of making her appear expendable & then keeping her around just to build her up to a major bad mutha.

Still wanting a main characters death. The invasion would have been a good opportunity. They blew it. I feel the writer's/directors have gotten too attached to the cast & don't want to kill anyone off.

I don't like Rick's black friend. He fights with a broom handle? Lame! I actually like the bad guy he was going to face off against. The dude was wielding an axe & looked pretty intimidating with it as he had the strength to actually wield it. I would've liked seeing him develop more. I thought it was pretty lame how they squared off & carol just ran up beside him & killed him.

Kinda stupid how none of the bad guys had guns. Seriously they couldn't find any. Maybe the govt. had confiscated the firearms of the nation right before the zombie apocalypse. That would at least provide some explanation.

Pretty good episode overall. Good action.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 25th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Tron wrote:I've never really liked Carol, but I will concede that she's the best developed & surprising character. The writers did a good job of making her appear expendable & then keeping her around just to build her up to a major bad mutha.

Yeah, her character is 180 degrees from her character in the comic. Its really cool what they have done with here.

Tron wrote:Still wanting a main characters death. The invasion would have been a good opportunity. They blew it. I feel the writer's/directors have gotten too attached to the cast & don't want to kill anyone off.

I have a feeling that was the point. That attack was too easy to kill someone off. They are giving carol a lot of screen time now though, so I bet shes one to go this season.

Tron wrote:I don't like Rick's black friend. He fights with a broom handle? Lame! I actually like the bad guy he was going to face off against. The dude was wielding an axe & looked pretty intimidating with it as he had the strength to actually wield it. I would've liked seeing him develop more. I thought it was pretty lame how they squared off & carol just ran up beside him & killed him.

His character is weird. I havent made it far enough in the comics to see how he developed, so I dont know how close they follow or what his deal is. How did he go from dude sitting scared in a house, to psycho murderer collecting guns, to Donatello? I dont get it.

Tron wrote:Kinda stupid how none of the bad guys had guns. Seriously they couldn't find any. Maybe the govt. had confiscated the firearms of the nation right before the zombie apocalypse. That would at least provide some explanation.

Another thing I dont get. I know the Wolves were in the comics, but I dont think they were quite like they are in the show. When the two Wolves met up with Morgan, one of them had a gun, but it was not loaded. Seems like Rick & friends have had no trouble finding weapons and ammo since the start.

They seem to be more of a cult of nomads now. Like vikings or something.

Tron

Postby Tron » October 26th, 2015, 11:37 pm

That's what I'm writing about!!! Episode 3 was fantastic! I like glen & all, but I've been getting bored. This episode captured the "every cast member is at risk" sorta thing that I like about this show. There's a few other characters id rather see die then glen, but at least someone important has died.

I know a lot of fans tie the comics to the show, but I don't read the comics so any connection made there is lost on me.

The scene with glen & his new buddy was epic. Cornered by zombies, no place to go & the most logical outcome. We've seen glen escape the impossible before like when the mayor tied him to a chair, but I'm glad his luck ran out. It would've been a let down if he had managed another escape.

Lots of deaths here. Mostly noobs, but still enjoyed the action. This may have been my favorite episode yet. It was that good.

Ever notice how when a noob bad mouths Rick he dies? Must be an omen, don't bad mouth Rick.

Last thing I really liked about this episode was how they were walking around in a deserted town. I love those scenes & seeing what had happend to places once zombie apocalypse had come. More towns please.

Return to “Other Media”