Watching Star Wars in Machete Order

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
eneuman96

Watching Star Wars in Machete Order

Postby eneuman96 » December 12th, 2015, 2:58 am

If you haven't heard of watching the Star Wars movies in Machete order, I strongly recommend reading this: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/1 ... ing-order/

It's a long read, but the arguments it makes for watching the movies in the order it introduces, Machete order, are quite fascinating. As someone who just finished watching them this way, I myself can confirm it's pure genius and the definitive method of watching the movies as opposed to chronological order or release order.

Atarifever

Re: Watching Star Wars in Machete Order

Postby Atarifever » December 12th, 2015, 6:37 am

Incredible idea. Superb story logic. I especially like the idea of leaving out episode 1, based on storyline importance vs. just because it wasn't very good.

I watch these movies every Christmas, and often just leave out the prequels. This is better, and my wife wants to watch them this year, so I'll get to try that order out on someone with less experience with them.

Shapur

Re: Watching Star Wars in Machete Order

Postby Shapur » December 12th, 2015, 7:01 pm

This has been around for a while. It's not bad and makes a lot more sense than watching it I-VI. Even IV-VI I-III is better than chronological.

I still prefer to wath them in the order of Episode 4 then 5 then 6 and then I stop. 8-)

Return to “Other Media”