I love steak.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Re: I love steak.

Postby matmico399 » May 7th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Just pulled an 8 oz ribeye out of the freezer tonight to defrost for Sunday lunch tomorrow. Going to marinade in teriyaki and Worcestershire sauce overnight. Going to throw that sucker on the grill about noon tomorrow and have a baked potato and probably some Lima beans with it. Should.be fantastic!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » May 8th, 2016, 3:40 am

matmico399 wrote:Just pulled an 8 oz ribeye out of the freezer tonight to defrost for Sunday lunch tomorrow. Going to marinade in teriyaki and Worcestershire sauce overnight. Going to throw that sucker on the grill about noon tomorrow and have a baked potato and probably some Lima beans with it. Should.be fantastic!

Awesome. I can't say that ribeye is my favorite, but some people love it. I tend to prefer the leaner cuts. I'm curious how it turns out with that marinade.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 8th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Herschie wrote:
matmico399 wrote:Just pulled an 8 oz ribeye out of the freezer tonight to defrost for Sunday lunch tomorrow. Going to marinade in teriyaki and Worcestershire sauce overnight. Going to throw that sucker on the grill about noon tomorrow and have a baked potato and probably some Lima beans with it. Should.be fantastic!

Awesome. I can't say that ribeye is my favorite, but some people love it. I tend to prefer the leaner cuts. I'm curious how it turns out with that marinade.

So...I learned something new the other day. I normally poo-poo a rib eye as well and go after a New York strip. Anyways, my wife and I have been trying out Blue Apron. One of their meals had a rib eye in it for two people. If you slice the rib eye thinly against the grain, it becomes utterly fantastic. I've always just sliced off a normal bite size amount without thinking of it. Treating it kind of like a flank steak turns the rib eye into meat butter. Yum! Who knew?

Return to “Other Media”