Basic Cell Phone Users?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Tron

Re: Basic Cell Phone Users?

Postby Tron » March 6th, 2016, 2:35 am

I have the fancy touch screen smart phone. I have the second newest version as I get my wife's old phone when she upgrades and she has to have the newest and the best. Left to my own device I wouldn't even have a cell phone, well maybe just a cheap one for emergencies. It's totally awesome, don't get me wrong, but the cell phone bill makes me want to rage out. I don't even want to know how much we pay every single month. If I did I'd probably get depressed. Ignorance is bliss when you're married.

tortimer

Postby tortimer » September 6th, 2016, 11:43 am

The only thing my Palm Pre ever lacked was enough storage to carry my music library (for driving). Otherwise, if there were a way to port it to my existing network/plan I'd still be using it. Really miss how easily it fit in my pocket, and of course the key pad is so much better than tapping on a screen.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » September 6th, 2016, 1:56 pm

I don't think I will ever get a smartphone or phone with a monthly bill. I'm always shocked to hear a person will pay almost $200 a month for a phone. I've used tracfone for years. I buy a $20 card every 90 days to keep my service active. It's hard to imagine paying $100 and over. I'm tempted to say "what's the point?" because you really don't need to rely on a phone that much. A basic tracfone has worked fine for me for years. I also like it because it seems lees hectic than a smartphone. Real buttons, no pocket dialing, accidentally hanging up on someone when they call.

Also, to the people who don't want the internet with them wherever they go, I see your point. The whole thing is kind of handy, but mostly unnecessary in everyday life. I do have an ipod touch, but I realize most time spent online is just goofing off, or for something to do. It can be avoided if need be. I can definitely see how people are shocked when they see or hear other people are addicted to their phones though.

Return to “Other Media”