New Macbook/Macbook Air users?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
ptdebate

New Macbook/Macbook Air users?

Postby ptdebate » March 1st, 2016, 10:14 pm

Good evening all! I just picked up a Macbook Air (the 2011 i7/256GB model) and I really, really love it. Definitely the best laptop I've ever owned usability-wise. The older-generation CPU still holds up really well with current software. I can't believe I didn't jump on the MBA bandwagon sooner.

The interesting thing though is how little the design has changed since 2008. The Macbook Pro went through two major redesigns during this time but the MBA has remained largely the same on the outside, which makes me wonder why they continued the MBA SKU when they released the new Macbook.

I suppose it could be due to controversy about the Macbook's design, which in 2015 was a fair bit less powerful than my fully-upgraded MBA from 2011! It also strips away all the ports aside from the single catch-all USB-C output. I suppose that just as with the first-generation MBA, they made compromises to accommodate the ultra-sleek design. With the MBA being such a mature design at this point, it's clearly the better option between the two. The only thing it lacks is a Retina screen, which the Macbook features very impressively.

Any Macbook/Macbook Air users out there who care to share their experience?

Return to “Other Media”