Your Top 5 Favorite Bands?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Your Top 5 Favorite Bands?

Postby Retrology » June 7th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Straightforward. Your top 5 favorite bands (and some honorable mentions if you want).

1. Radiohead
2. Depeche Mode
3. Tool
4. Vampire Weekend
5. OutKast

Honorable Mentions: Deftones, Fleet Foxes, Mr. Bungle, Smashing Pumpkins, Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Nirvana

Thoughts?

Robotrek

Re: Your Top 5 Favorite Bands?

Postby Robotrek » June 7th, 2016, 2:49 pm

This one should be fairly easy, much easier than video games were.

5.) Cinderella. As one of the most badass sounding vocalists, Tom Keifer brought this band into his own. In fact, I just saw Tom Keifer last month.

4.) Dokken. Don Dokken has some pipes (or rather, HAD some pipes, his voice is garbage now) and George Lynch REALLY defined them.

3.) Motorhead. As one of the most badass metal bands EVER, their tracks always had a punch. Deaf Forever, Overkill, Stay Clean, Bomber, Ace of Spades, I'll be your sister (my favorite), and I won't pay your price were all killer tracks that put them over the top. I've seen DOZENS of Motorhead shows and met Lemmy 3 times, always a great band to listen to.

2.) Rage Against The Machine. As the only alternative band that doesn't completely SUCK to me, Rage Against The Machine's first album is actually the very first CD I ever purchased. When I popped it on and heard Bombtrack there was no turning back.

1.) The Beatles. This one is just obvious. Taxman, And Your Bird Can Sing, Lovely Rita, seriously, their catalog stands as a great reason why they're the best selling band of all time!

velcrozombie

Re: Your Top 5 Favorite Bands?

Postby velcrozombie » June 8th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Maybe later I'll have time to write more about my choices

Top Five (no particular order):
Soundgarden
Tom Waits
Captain Beefheart
Queens of the Stone Age
Aesop Rock

Runners-Up (even getting this down to 15 was a struggle):
Radiohead