Any Kix fans out there?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Robotrek

Any Kix fans out there?

Postby Robotrek » July 15th, 2016, 1:00 pm

No, not what's kid tested and mother approved. The band Kix, performers of the famous "Don't close your eyes" ballad in the 80's. My brother went to their shows all the time throughout the 80's. I got to see them at a fair that had come to Hagarstown back in the day. I was hooked. Their sound was incredible. Over the years I'd see them more and more, and to this day, I make a trip to Columbia Maryland just to see them again, and they get better every year!

Tron

Re: Any Kix fans out there?

Postby Tron » July 16th, 2016, 2:23 pm

I love the song, "don't close your eyes". I listen to it quite regularly. I don't think I've ever heard another song by them. Do they have any other hits?

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 16th, 2016, 7:23 pm

No huge hits. But, a few that were fairly played back in the day were Cold Shower (which I LOVE), Cold Blood, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Blow my Fuse, and Girl Money. Those weren't my favorites though, my favorite songs by them were You're Gone, Love at first sight, and Mighty mouth. If you like the 80's pop kind of sound, Loco-Emotion is a great song for you. They had a lot of great tunes. Check em out man!

Tron

Postby Tron » July 17th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Robotrek wrote:No huge hits. But, a few that were fairly played back in the day were Cold Shower (which I LOVE), Cold Blood, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Blow my Fuse, and Girl Money. Those weren't my favorites though, my favorite songs by them were You're Gone, Love at first sight, and Mighty mouth. If you like the 80's pop kind of sound, Loco-Emotion is a great song for you. They had a lot of great tunes. Check em out man!

I listened to those songs, first minute or two at least, & hated them. For me Kix is a one-hit wonder.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 17th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Guess I've got one more I can throw at ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bvAcWEKzM

If you don't like that one (the most like don't close your eyes) they aren't for you.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » September 29th, 2016, 2:39 pm

"Midnite Dynamite". That song kicks [expletive]!

twilighthotel

Postby twilighthotel » September 30th, 2016, 9:58 am

Also viewed them as a one hit wonder, especially with the new wave sound they were doing on their first couple of records and the fact I only considered two of their songs from their middle records essential ("Don't Close Your Eyes" and "Cold Chills"). Their best work IMO were the last two records in the 90's, the 1993 live one and the 1995 studio album Show Business from the independent CMC International label. Solid records from start to finish, for my money.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » October 1st, 2016, 8:53 pm

Rock your face off was a good surprise! I go see them once a year at M3. Always a great show.

Return to “Other Media”