Japan Trip Review from May!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Sonicx9

Japan Trip Review from May!

Postby Sonicx9 » July 27th, 2016, 8:54 pm

(Note: This trip was back in May 22 to May 28 which is around 2 mouths ago, but here is my Japan Trip Blog.)

Hi guys on the Video Game Critic forums,

I would like to do a post blog on my Japan Trip that I had from May 22 to May 28. It was a very fun trip and would like to share my experience that I had during the time.

My trip was an Anime pop culture tour that lasted for a week.

It started on May 22 going to the airport, and I arrived at Tokyo Japan on May 23. I arrived at my first hotel, and went to a Kawaii Maid Café at Maidreamin in the famous Akihabara area. It was very fun and the girls are very Kawaii! Later in the post, I will explain my thoughts on Japanese Girls/Women that people will find attractive. And bought a few import Video Games.

On the next day I went to and went to some of the Arcades, but unfortunately they where cigarette smoky, so I did not stay long and did not play in them much because of that issue. And later went to the Nakano Broadway and looked around, and unfortunately did not have enough time to visit one of the best smoke free Arcade called the Namco Nakano Arcade which I will try to visit when I come back to Japan in the future. And later went to Harujuku shopping area, but it was not the best aspect of the trip. And later went to the Robot Restraint in Shinjuku, but it was nosy, and the only thing I liked was the hot Bikini Girls in the show.

In later days I went to many temples, shrines, Museumes. I would also go see some other Anime Pop-Culture stuff such as a Sailor Moon Museum Exhibit, which even tough not a Sailor Moon fan, was a nice exhibit for the series. I would even go to a fun indoor them park named J-World based on some of the popular Shonen Jump series such as Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, etc. And even tough I am not a fan of the 3 series that where the main attraction to J-World. The rides/attractions where very fun! Later went to a Pokemon Center with many Pokemon goods, but it was not filled with people playing Pokemon Go in the store as the game was not out yet. And later went to a Kawaii Owl Café, with many Kawaii owls everywhere in the cafe. I later went to the Fuji TV HQ to see the inside of the area, but only had time to look at the gift shop because the tour was not available. And went to see the Gundam Front near by with a large real-life version of the trademark Gundam Mech. Personally I would have preferred a life sized version of the VF-1 Valkyrie from Macross aka Robotech.

I went to Bandai main HQ one day. And went to a Kawaii toy Story called KIDDY LAND with lots of Kawaii merchandise. And went to Mt. Fuji and saw the beautiful scenery of the mountain volcano of the same name. And rode a Bullet Train to the beautiful Kyoto Japan aka the home of many shrines, temples, and Nintendo of Japan.

When I came back from Japan, I got a few import games, some Studio Ghibli merchandise at a store in Kyoto, and a Gravure Idol Blu-Ray and Photo book. (Note: Japanese Blu-Ray region A work on North America Blu-Ray players.)

Now let’s get to some thing to be aware of. Make sure you do a tour before you go to Japan for your first time. And make sure you learn some basic Japanese terms before you go as well. And make sure you look up other information about Japan before going, including looking for Video Game stores namely in the Akihabara area which is the best place to get video games in Japan.

If people on the website have questions and answers for my Japan trip, I will reply later to people on the website in the future.

Now here are the pros and cons of Japan trip.

+ Great Culture
+Excellent Food
+The sweets are much better then America sweets.
+Lots of Pop Culture stuff to see if you like Anime/Video Games, etc.
+Shows, Parks, Museums, Shrines, indoor theme park, shopping areas everywhere!
+The Japanese Girls/Women are hot and cute! (Especially their Gravure idol Girls!)
+The People are very nice.
+The Air is very clean
+The Violent crime rates are very low compared to the USA.

+-Kawaii Culture!

-Cigarette Smoke in certain areas like Arcades can be painful if you can not stand Cigarette Smoke.
-The country may be hard on your first time, especially if you do not do a tour the first time around, and do not have someone living in Japan during that time period.
-You may want to use Japanese wiki for Japanese words/game names if you are looking for stuff in Japan.

This is the end of the Japan Trip Blog Enjoy!

Retro STrife

Re: Japan Trip Review from May!

Postby Retro STrife » August 1st, 2016, 1:06 am

Interesting stuff. Definitely would like to visit there someday. But I assume that, unlike Europe, very few people know English in Japan..is that correct? Like, I assume they don't learn it as a second language in school there.
Also, I was always unsure if gaming culture is truly as prevalent in Japan as some people claim, but, from your review, it sounds like it is. Definitely moreso than the US, would you say?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » August 1st, 2016, 11:25 am

Not really the parts of Japan I'd be interested in seeing, but thank you for sharing your perspective. Any particular comments on the food you tried when you were there? Did you take pictures? Did you talk to any of these "kawaii" girls? What is the maximum number of bottles of Yamazaki 12 that the airline would allow someone to take on the plane? :P

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 1st, 2016, 12:00 pm

Retro STrife wrote:Interesting stuff. Definitely would like to visit there someday. But I assume that, unlike Europe, very few people know English in Japan..is that correct? Like, I assume they don't learn it as a second language in school there.
Also, I was always unsure if gaming culture is truly as prevalent in Japan as some people claim, but, from your review, it sounds like it is. Definitely moreso than the US, would you say?

People in Japan do learn english, but mostly for writing, not speaking for some odd reason, even though some exception to the rule is some people in the country might occasionally learn to speak it for selected situations. As for gaming culture being prevalent in Japan, that is 100%, true more so then the US, and critic would love that Japan is more into physical Media then the western countries trying to force digital downloads in are face, something he does not like!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 1st, 2016, 12:25 pm

ptdebate wrote:Not really the parts of Japan I'd be interested in seeing, but thank you for sharing your perspective. Any particular comments on the food you tried when you were there? Did you take pictures? Did you talk to any of these "kawaii" girls? What is the maximum number of bottles of Yamazaki 12 that the airline would allow someone to take on the plane? :P

I tried Japanese Curry/Sushi, and fish, and it was delicious, much better then processed food from the USA, and the sweats tasted better then the sweats from here. My family took pictures and they were great pictures related with the trip, I did talk to Kawaii girls in Japan in both the maid cafe, and in various places, they where so nice and lovable. As for the maximum number of bottles of Yamazaki 12 that the airline would allow someone to take on the plane? Can not say?

I forgot to mention I was in a hot spring, and it was very nice and relaxing.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » August 1st, 2016, 1:30 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I tried Japanese Curry/Sushi, and fish, and it was delicious, much better then processed food from the USA, and the sweats tasted better then the sweats from here. My family took pictures and they were great pictures related with the trip, I did talk to Kawaii girls in Japan in both the maid cafe, and in various places, they where so nice and lovable. As for the maximum number of bottles of Yamazaki 12 that the airline would allow someone to take on the plane? Can not say?

I forgot to mention I was in a hot spring, and it was very nice and relaxing.

Half joking on the whiskey (there's a shortage of it right now in the US, which makes me sad).

Sounds like you had a good time!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 1st, 2016, 3:36 pm

A fun fact related with the Video Game Critic, he clams to be a big cat person just like me, and Japan is filled with Kawaii cat related stuff such as a Cat Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m73qDK8GulI, Cat Cafes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_PTiL6Zwfo and many pop culture involving cats, including a famous YouTube cat name Maru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPzNl6NKAG0.

They also have Kawaii Cat commercials involving cats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWfe2LRXVA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4W3kMvCLX0

Can people guess what the second Cat commercial scene at the end looks like, it is similar to a very popular Disney toy line from Japan?

Return to “Other Media”