Garbage

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Garbage

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 31st, 2016, 11:57 pm

Any other Garbage fans out there? Just saw them live in Baltimore tonight.
I've always had a crush on Shirley Manson.
Their new album seems to be flying under the radar but it's good.
Their older songs are in a lot of video games.

velcrozombie

Re: Garbage

Postby velcrozombie » August 1st, 2016, 12:57 am

Back in high school they were definitely one of my favorite bands - I really liked both the self-titled album (which had a bit of an industrial/trip-hop sound) and Version 2.0 (which was glossier and more techno-influenced); however, Beautiful Garbage felt like a massive disappointment when it came out and I dropped out for a while after that.Later I listened to Not Your Kind of People and it felt like a halfway return-to-form, so I'll certainly give the new album a shot. Shirley Manson was a pretty big crush for me as well - there was a pretty racy interview she did for Details magazine back around 1996 that I had a friend make a Xerox of and I read it more times than I can remember as a 14-year-old.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » August 2nd, 2016, 4:37 am

I've only really listened to their debut album, but I love that record. Took a bunch of electronic and rock influences and made it pop in their own unique way. Stroke of Luck and My Lover's Box are some of my personal favorites.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » August 6th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Baltimore might as well be the rock n' roll capital. Everybody plays there.

Never was a giant fan of Garbage, but I can admire their talent. I'm sorry, I just CAN'T STAND alternative, but I won't say that alternative is bad, it just isn't my cup of tea. Though if Rage got back together, expect me to be the first in line!

Return to “Other Media”