MyWay email service closing

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
pacman000

MyWay email service closing

Postby pacman000 » June 14th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Tried to log into my account at MyWay and found out two things:

1) My account may be closed; I lost over 500 emails. (I hadn't accessed it in a few months; this may be my own fault.)

2) MyWay will shut down their email service in October. That bugs me because it was a nice, relatively ad-free web mail system, similar to what Excite has, but with fewer ads. (Excite, MyWay, and I believe Ask.com are owned by the same people.)

Checked back today and found out iWon's email service is closing too. I haven't heard if Excite's closing their email service. (MyWay, iWon, Excite U.S. and Ask.com are owned by the smae people.)

Tron

Re: MyWay email service closing

Postby Tron » June 14th, 2017, 9:04 pm

I use yahoo mail. It's great and costs nothing.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 14th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Went to Google mail and never looked back...

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » June 15th, 2017, 3:51 am

So the end is near, and they face the final curtain?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » June 15th, 2017, 8:46 am

Already have a Yahoo account, but they've become slow; that's why I started using MyWay.

Also have a Gmail account, which I use regularly, and an Excite account, which I've never used.

More concerned about the emails I lost (again, my fault) and it seems sad for a 17+ year old service to close.

This could reflect poorly on cloud based services; there's no guarantee the servers your renting will be on when you need them. That goes for game servers like GameSpy, web hosts like Geocities, or email services like MyWay. :/ :(

Return to “Other Media”