That's it! I'm starting a boycott against Michael Bay!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
astrodomekid

That's it! I'm starting a boycott against Michael Bay!

Postby astrodomekid » June 18th, 2017, 11:41 am

With the upcoming "Transformers: The Last Knight" just days away, I think it's time to take a stand against Michael Bay and his movies. I know the film hasn't come out yet, and there's no way to verify whether it's an improvement or not. But considering Bay's reputation combined with the other Transformers movies, it's VERY unlikely that it's gonna be any good.

So I'm gonna say this with the upmost urgency: do NOT see this movie. You would be inadvertently adding fuel to the flame. What about the films' 13-year-old fanbase? [expletive] the films' 13-year-old fanbase! I am just sick and tired of Bay doing so little yet achieving so much, making money off of movies without putting any intelligence or quality into them!

Please spread this message to as many people as you can before and during its presence in theatres to ensure its failure. Only then can we stop this box office poison from being made, and Transformers fans can have hope for much better films.

Bottom line: Michael Bay must be punished!
Last edited by astrodomekid on June 19th, 2017, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stalvern

Re: That's it! I'm starting a boycott against Michael Bay!

Postby Stalvern » June 19th, 2017, 1:31 am

How would this be a "boycott"? Nobody who hates these movies is going to watch them in the first place. And the people who do watch them don't watch them because they think the movies are good; they just want to see a zillion-dollar spectacle on a giant screen in an air-conditioned building with their friends.

The people who make these movies don't care about them. The people who watch these movies don't care about them. You have zero interaction with these movies at all, but you care deeply about them. Why? Are you just mad that they exist? You might as well be angry that squirrels are stupid or that poop smells bad.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » June 19th, 2017, 5:13 pm

1st Transformers movie: This movie has 4-5 potentially good stories, but doesn't develop any of them. The stories are used as a basic framework to show off fighting robots.

2nd & 3rd: No comment. Can't say anything nice, so I won't say anything at all. Not right now at the least. ;)

4th: More focused story than the 1st, if memory serves. Dinosaur robots were cool. Goes on for too long and begins to drag. Also there's a scene like this:

Optimus Prime: Can't you understand I'm fighting for your freedom!?!

(Smashes other robot.)

Optimus Prime: Now join me, or DIE!

Someone needs to explain the concept of freedom to Michael Bay... :lol:

I did like Armageddon tho. Sure, it was flawed, but it had a nice pulp Sci-Fi feel. ;)

Tron

Postby Tron » June 19th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Never got into Transformers or the movies, but I might know how the OP feels. I'm a huge GI Joe fan and was disappointed with the 1st movie, didn't bother to see the others. My problem was that it was just a generic action flick that appeared to be produced, directed and starred no one that cared or knew anything about GI Joe. There are probably hundreds of fans that could've written scripts that would've better captured what GI Joe was about. Myself and many other fans wanted a movie that was really for us. Instead it was just a generic action film for casual audiences.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » June 20th, 2017, 12:03 am

pacman000 wrote:Someone needs to explain the concept of freedom to Michael Bay... :lol:

No, this is a subtle metaphor for America's wars overseas. A bit of wry, pointed satire from Hollywood's most underappreciated auteur.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » June 20th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Stalvern wrote:
pacman000 wrote:Someone needs to explain the concept of freedom to Michael Bay... :lol:

No, this is a subtle metaphor for America's wars overseas. A bit of wry, pointed satire from Hollywood's most underappreciated auteur.

...Never thought of it that way.

Sut

Postby Sut » June 20th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Stalvern wrote:And the people who do watch them don't watch them because they think the movies are good; they just want to see a zillion-dollar spectacle on a giant screen in an air-conditioned building with their friends.

Guilty as charged !

I was really into the Transformers toy line and comic books back in the day. My brother and I go to every movie hoping they will somehow capture the magic of the 1986 movie. They always disappoint on some level, but just seeing our childhood heroes on screen with some good fight scenes usually suffices.

If it's any consolation I never buy the DVD or Blu-ray just a good time at the cinema with my kid brother.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » June 20th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Stalvern wrote:

Using subtle in any description of Michael Bay seems wrong somehow.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » June 20th, 2017, 11:39 pm

I wasn't being serious!

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » June 22nd, 2017, 9:05 am

Stalvern wrote:I wasn't being serious!

I didn't think you were. :lol:

Return to “Other Media”