Best Alcohol Drinks?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Best Alcohol Drinks?

Postby matmico399 » August 5th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Okay I am mostly a beer and red wine drinker. But I occasionally enjoy a bit of liquor. I detest tequila and gin but enjoy a good vodka or rum and even a few Irish whiskeys. What are the best brands that don't cost an arm and a leg? Most good spirits nowadays seem to cost a small fortune. Suggestions welcome.

ptdebate

Re: Best Alcohol Drinks?

Postby ptdebate » August 5th, 2017, 6:57 pm

The nice think about Vodka is that the best brands dont cost an arm and a leg. If you're paying more than $40 for a bottle of Vodka you're doing it wrong. Two great brands of grain vodka I recommend are Reyka and Russian Standard (100% serious about this one). For a pure potato vodka you can't go wrong with Chopin (which is premium quality) and Monopolova (which is dirt cheap but still a fine product).

For rum, there's a dazzling amount of variety out there. But I'd have to say that the best all-around rum for the money is Ron del Barrilito 3 Star. The 2 star is okay too, but 3 star is a shining example of what Puerto Rican rum should be. For a darker rum I always recommend El Dorado 15 year.

My brother is a big fan of Irish whiskeys and swears by Redbreast and various iterations of Bushmills. They're not really my thing though.

If you enjoy milder-flavored spirits like Rum and Irish Whiskey, you may find that you enjoy Cognac, which is a marvelous spirit. Try Pierre Ferrand for making cocktails, or Hennessy or Martel VSOP for drinking straight or over ice. I've had the opportunity to try a few high-end Cognacs as well and I must say that Hennessy Paradis is the best I've ever tried.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » August 5th, 2017, 9:08 pm

I got nothing for you. I drink a lot (like a lot, a lot) of Canadian Rye Whisky (mainly Gibson''s Finest) and I drink it on the rocks. Given a choice of any drug on Earth, any time, any place, any occasion, with any budget, that is what I would opt for.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 6th, 2017, 9:49 am

This time of year Dark and Stormy drinks are in order.
You mix Goslings Dark rum with Ginger Beer (or Ginger Ale) and add some Lime.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » August 6th, 2017, 3:51 pm

Miller Lite.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » August 6th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Herschie wrote:Miller Lite.

Just out of curiosity, what do you like about Miller Lite?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » August 6th, 2017, 11:27 pm

For me it's IPA's, dry red and white wine. The only time I drink the hard stuff is when I drink Slivovitz to honor family members who are no longer with us.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » August 7th, 2017, 12:13 am

Seeing as the thread isn't even about beer, I think that Herschie might have been joking.

Return to “Other Media”