Streak vs Series

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Streak vs Series

Postby Luigi & Peach » September 16th, 2017, 9:43 am

Now that the Indians streak is over I feel that I can finally talk about it without fear of jinxing them. First off, it was one hell of a fun run! It leads me to the question though for baseball fans of whether you would rather see your team make a historically significant run that might last decades or would you rather win a World Series of which we have a winner every year?

Personally, I think the streak has more significance but I'd still rather have the Series. I had completely forgotten about the A's 2002 streak, but I would recall if they won a world series in the past 2 decades.

All that being said, go Tribe!

Retro STrife

Re: Streak vs Series

Postby Retro STrife » September 18th, 2017, 12:09 pm

I love sports, but don't care much for baseball, especially during the regular season. But still, I took interest in the Indian's streak and liked hearing the updates about it on ESPN Radio during my morning drive. But I gotta agree with you -- any diehard sports fan would prefer that their team win their league's championship game rather than setting records or going on streaks. A once-in-a-lifetime streak is fun, but I'd take a championship every time. That's especially true if you root for a team that hasn't won it in a long time, like the Indians.

Return to “Other Media”