National Videogame Museum

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retro STrife

National Videogame Museum

Postby Retro STrife » September 22nd, 2017, 10:33 am

For years I thought it'd be great to see a video game museum open in the U.S., especially now that there is over 50 years of history in the industry. That finally became a reality in April 2016, when the National Videogame Museum opened just outside of Dallas, Texas. To my knowledge, it's the first museum of its kind in North America. (any others?) The project took several years of brainstorming and preparation before it finally opened. Perhaps the most significant name behind the project is Joe Santulli, the creator/owner of Digital Press (which is a great online/print resource about games, and a great gaming store). Here's the website for the museum: http://www.nvmusa.org .

Next week I'll be visiting the Museum while on vacation. Now, normally I would not venture from New England to Texas just for a museum. But I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and seeing a home game in Texas has been a life-long bucket list item for me. I'm finally scratching that off the list next weekend, and the video game museum just happens to be conveniently located in that area. So I'll have to check it out.

Anyone ever been to the National Videogame Museum? Or have any thoughts about it? While I'm at it, any other recommendations on gaming related things (or anything else) in the Dallas area?

I'll try to update here with my thoughts on the Museum after I make the visit.

scotland

Re: National Videogame Museum

Postby scotland » September 22nd, 2017, 11:39 am

There is rhe Strong Museum in Rochester, NY with many things, such as the International Center for the History of Electronic Games. They do the Hall of Fame stuff each year we've talked about.

Return to “Other Media”