Red Tails.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
GameOfThrones

Red Tails.

Postby GameOfThrones » November 7th, 2017, 8:13 pm

This is a movie about the exploits of an African America air squadron. I had only heard bad things about it but decided to give it a shot as it was on bbc.

Then I watched it and wished I had not bothered. I was hoping for something like Memphis Bell. Something that was historically accurate and told the story.

I managed an hour of this absolute trash. Wow. A movie needs to be made about these men but it is not this one. Like Pearl Harbour not tora tora tora these pilots single handedly won world war 2 or so you would think. There is one scene when they are in kitty hawks and they destroy and entire German airfield. No bombs just bullets and only 4 planes.

The Germans are similarly terrible with the ones out of Raiders of the lost ark seeming to be Oscar winning performances in comparison. Plus there planes can defy gravity.

A truly lamentable production. It is up there with turkeys like howard the duck for sheer awfulness. The at least Howard is so bad he is good.

GameOfThrones

Re: Red Tails.

Postby GameOfThrones » November 18th, 2017, 1:56 pm

It is good to see total apathy for this turkey. I was going to say one of the worst big budget movies ever!!! Up there with Battleship. Though I see a game based on a video game is coming out that looks on a par with it for sheer awfulness. It begins with an R and give me an A MMMMM time to end the page.

AtariToday

Re: Red Tails.

Postby AtariToday » November 27th, 2017, 7:35 am

I saw Red Tails in the theater. While i wouldn't call it a great movie I wouldn't call it a "turkey". The movie was enjoyable enough that I didn't regret seeing it (or spending my money on tickets) so there is that. I'd watch it again.

I think your hatred from the film comes from you preconceived notion of what this film should be like going in. I for one was glad it didn't play out like Pearl Harbor (I wasn't the biggest fan of that one).

Worst big budget movie ever?? Not even close. Have you seen Battlefield Earth? The Twilight series of films? :shock:

Return to “Other Media”