STAR WARS EPISODE VIII / Star Wars ranking

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
newmodelarmy

Re: STAR WARS EPISODE VIII / Star Wars ranking

Postby newmodelarmy » December 8th, 2017, 7:53 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Y'all can argue all you want, but we all know the best Star Wars is the Christmas Special! Happy Life Day, everybody!

LOL! That is hysterical. I remember watching that when I was a kid and feeling terribly awkward and embarrassed in the moment.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 8th, 2017, 9:32 pm

People keep calling it the Christmas Special, but it's the Holiday Special. It actually aired a week before Thanksgiving, so it was casting a very broad net in terms of what it was tied to, even if most of the special revolves around Life Day presents.

The people involved had to know that what they were doing was completely unwatchable. I can't believe that Bea Arthur and Art Carney didn't walk out when they saw the script. "Stir, whip, stir, whip, whip, whip, stir!"

barrie2101

Postby barrie2101 » December 9th, 2017, 3:39 am

star wars
number 1 empire strikes back . best film ever
number 2 Star wars episode 4 - it started it all .
number 3 episode 1. I personally think its excellent telling the story I can watch this film loads and I think Jar Jar is hilarious haha i know im the only one .
number 4 return of the jedi .
number 5 episode 3
number 6 episode 7
number 7 rogue one
number 8 episode 2 . nearly walked out the cinema the love scenes were horrendous .

OzGamer

Postby OzGamer » December 9th, 2017, 8:44 pm

barrie2101 wrote:episode 1. I personally think its excellent telling the story I can watch this film loads and I think Jar Jar is hilarious haha i know im the only one.

I wanted to say I've always felt Episode I is the best film in the prequel trilogy. It's the best story of the three, in my opinion, and it's best made film of the PT.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » December 10th, 2017, 10:49 am

Episode 1 would have gotten much better reviews if they had made one change: no Jar Jar.
Although I think it's relatively lacking in substance compared to Episode III, it's probably the most fun to watch of the PT.
I think the podracing scene is fantastic, especially from a sound design perspective. And the fight choreography is just on a whole different level from the OT.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 11th, 2017, 12:25 am

OzGamer -
I'm with you bro! Plus episode one had the most bad-ass villain ever: Darth Maul.
I wish he survived.
When he first fell down the shaft I was like "he'll be back"
and then I saw him split in two and I was like "nope - he's done"

scotland

Postby scotland » December 11th, 2017, 6:40 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:OzGamer -
I'm with you bro! Plus episode one had the most bad-ass villain ever: Darth Maul.
I wish he survived.
When he first fell down the shaft I was like "he'll be back"
and then I saw him split in two and I was like "nope - he's done"

In the new Disney canon, Maul did survive. Long story.

Return to “Other Media”