Favorite Home Alone Trap

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Favorite Home Alone Trap

Postby Retrology » December 21st, 2017, 1:09 pm

We all know and love the traps from the first two Home Alone movies; with their hilariously cartoonish violence, Marv and Harry would've been killed dozens of times in real life.

But which trap or traps are your favorites? That's what this thread is here for. You can choose your favorite from each of the first two movies or your favorite altogether.

Home Alone: Marv puncturing his foot on a nail. What makes this even funnier is he falls down a flight of stairs but still focuses on getting impaled in the foot.

Home Alone 2: Harry getting hit by a box of wrenches. This gets to me every time I see it.

Thoughts?

ActRaiser

Re: Favorite Home Alone Trap

Postby ActRaiser » December 21st, 2017, 2:18 pm

Personally, I love where the kiddo takes his BB gun and points it up through the doggy door and shoots one of the burglars in the groin. I loved that scene. You knew what was going to happen.
It seems to play out in super slow motion and the anticipation made me laugh even harder. Brilliant.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 21st, 2017, 7:01 pm

Here we go, good topic, now we're getting down to the important stuff. My top two traps from the first movie are (1) cutting the zip line to the treehouse; and (2) the blow torch to the head. I liked the zip line best as a kid. But as I've grown older and more sophisticated, a good blowtorch to the head is my favorite now. From the second movie, the top trap was the guy giving directions in the hotel.

Someone needs to go ahead and make a homebrew combining Home Alone clips with the Night Trap interface...

jon

Postby jon » December 21st, 2017, 9:53 pm

The Micro Machines.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 21st, 2017, 10:30 pm

Just watched this a few days ago! I liked when the tall guy tugged on the iron.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » December 22nd, 2017, 11:56 am

Retrology wrote:Home Alone 2: Harry getting hit by a box of wrenches. This gets to me every time I see it.

Thoughts?

I like that one too. I worked a handyman job for my college while I was in school and one of my coworkers decided to push a tool cart down the stairs just for kicks. Here’s what I will say about that:

1) it sounded exactly like it did in the movie.

And

2) it made quite a hole in the wall

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » December 23rd, 2017, 8:46 am

My 5 year old loves the bricks in the head part in Home Alone 2. He loses it whenever that part comes on. I vastly, vastly prefer Home Alone 1, which I think is just an overall great movie. My favourite "trap" is also the BB gun. Both the groin and headshots are funny to me every time. I'm also a sucker for a good "people falling down the stairs" bit, so both sets of icy steps are highlights for me.

My autistic son gets very concerned for Kevin when his whole family is mad at him, and I don't blame him. Kevin's family is made up exclusively of horrible people.

I love this video that explains how much damage would actually have come from those traps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WKgNyvsNDM

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » December 23rd, 2017, 11:21 am

Not necessarily my favorite, but one that sticks out in my mind, HA2:

(Marv and Harry are about to climb up the stairs...)

"Wait! Remember what happened the last time?"

(Kevin throws down a paint can.)

"That's one!"

(Kevin throws another can.)

"That's two! Now! Let's get him!"

(They start to climb. Kevin throws down a metal pipe. WHAM! both Harry and Marv are knocked down the stairs.) :lol:

Herschie

Postby Herschie » January 8th, 2018, 10:53 am

Retro STrife wrote:the blow torch to the head.

Joe Pesci nailed that scene, the look on his face was priceless!

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 11th, 2018, 4:23 am

Herschie wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:the blow torch to the head.

Joe Pesci nailed that scene, the look on his face was priceless!

I love how he just stands there like an idiot for a few seconds with that look on his face instead of moving out of the way quicker. Comedic gold.

Return to “Other Media”