Ending to the Saints-Vikings game

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Ending to the Saints-Vikings game

Postby Retrology » January 15th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Unbelievable game. That might be the best ending to a football game I've ever seen. Also the first walkoff postseason touchdown ever. Thoughts?

Retro STrife

Re: Ending to the Saints-Vikings game

Postby Retro STrife » January 15th, 2018, 4:13 pm

Yeah, it's up there for me too. One of the best endings I've ever seen. Especially coming from the Vikings.. it would have been less shocking if Drew Brees and the Saints pulled that off. But something about the Vikings feeling like an underdog, along with their years of failure in the playoffs, along with having the home crowd there to celebrate it, all added up to make it an even better moment.

Btw, there's been a lot of people claiming that the Saints player missed the tackle. To me, in the replays it seemed clear that he intentionally whiffed, because he was arriving at Diggs too soon and would have been called for pass interference if he hit him before the ball got there. Pass interference there would have stopped the clock and allowed a field goal attempt. And he was running too fast to stop, so he did what he could to avoid Diggs, while hoping a teammate would catch him. But then he accidentally jumped into the only teammate in range, and Diggs had an easy run to the endzone.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 15th, 2018, 5:31 pm

I despise the term "walkoff" but it was a great game.

The throw reminded me of the one Joe Flacco threw to Jacoby Jones at Denver a few years back during their Super Bowl run.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » January 15th, 2018, 11:56 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I despise the term "walkoff" but it was a great game.

The throw reminded me of the one Joe Flacco threw to Jacoby Jones at Denver a few years back during their Super Bowl run.

As a Broncos fan it reminded me of it too, and made me feel awful for all the Saints fans. This was probably not as good a throw as Flacco’s, but I think the catch was more impressive. The fact that Diggs was able to stay on his feet was incredible.

And what bothers you about the term walkoff?

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » January 16th, 2018, 9:24 am

Retrology wrote:Unbelievable game. That might be the best ending to a football game I've ever seen. Also the first walkoff postseason touchdown ever. Thoughts?

Wasn't the Music City Miracle a walkoff postseason touchdown as well? I thought it was anyways.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » January 16th, 2018, 9:58 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:
Retrology wrote:Unbelievable game. That might be the best ending to a football game I've ever seen. Also the first walkoff postseason touchdown ever. Thoughts?

Wasn't the Music City Miracle a walkoff postseason touchdown as well? I thought it was anyways.

I took a quick look at YouTube and it doesn’t show the clock after the return but it shows it at 16 seconds before, which means there was time left on the clock after that return.

Return to “Other Media”