The trash that is on Amazon Prime

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Re: The trash that is on Amazon Prime

Postby Luigi & Peach » February 14th, 2018, 6:18 pm

So I know it's a little off topic, from "trash" on Amazon Prime, but I just recently watched "The Video Game Years" on Amazon Prime. I realize that it this point even the newest episode is about 4 years old so I'm pretty late to the party, but I really enjoyed watching the series and how it covered everything from consoles to arcades to computer games. They only have 1980 through 1989, but 1977 through 1979 were easy to find on YouTube. I found the series really enjoyable. While I was alive throughout the 80's, I was too young to appreciate much of the 1st half aside from some 2600 games that I played on my 7800 and a couple computer games that my daycare had left over from that time period. I recognized a lot of the titles that have been mentioned on here, but it was really cool finally getting to see them along with some of the personalities I've heard about (Pat the NES Punk, AVGN, etc). The later 80's episodes were not surprisingly Nintendo-centric. I was highly disappointed to hear that they never made any 90's episodes because they ran out of funding. I would have killed (almost literally) to see some episodes highlighting the genesis vs SNES war and later the PS1 vs. N64 vs. (kind of) Dreamcast. Some episodes featuring classic computer games like Myst and later Blizzard's computer hits would have been great too. Anyways, for anyone out there like myself who hasn't seen these shows it's definitely worth a watch.

AtariToday

Re: The trash that is on Amazon Prime

Postby AtariToday » February 19th, 2018, 8:39 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:Total hokum. If you like bad dubbing and people in rubber suits pretending to be monsters then I recommend it. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Finally got to see this film! It was the english dub, titled as "YOG - Monster From Space". Very fun! I still haven't ventured into the world of Amazon Prime however.

Luigi & Peach wrote:So I know it's a little off topic, from "trash" on Amazon Prime, but I just recently watched "The Video Game Years" on Amazon Prime. I realize that it this point even the newest episode is about 4 years old so I'm pretty late to the party, but I really enjoyed watching the series and how it covered everything from consoles to arcades to computer games.

Never too late to join the party! I've watched a good handful of The Video Game Years on YouTube and found it very entertaining. From what I understand Pat Contri (Pat the NES Punk) and another of the co-hosts (possibly John Delia?) put their own money into financing the show. Really wishing someone with capital picks it up and pays for further content. Would love to see the team tackle the 1990's as well. solid show for sure :mrgreen:

Return to “Other Media”