The trash that is on Amazon Prime

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
GameOfThrones

The trash that is on Amazon Prime

Postby GameOfThrones » January 17th, 2018, 10:10 pm

I love trashy horror movie and trashy sf movie. I am in heaven on Prime. I can down load this tosh and watch it anyway via my incredibly weak Kindle fire.
This weeks movies
Serenity 10 out of 10 and not trash.
The dark. The 1993 one. Something is killing people in the graveyard. Plus it is eating all the dead bodies as well. When I saw what the monster was I was like i want one. 7 out of 10. Well produced. Good script and good fun Oh and it has yummy Neve Campbell in it.
Alien implant. Someone digs up a tree and finds an alien space ship underneath it. The aliens come out and wage war on us human. They are a despicable bunch and want to eat us. Trashy and just plain stupid. Though the brunette who stars in it is gorgeous. 5 out 10.

AtariToday

Re: The trash that is on Amazon Prime

Postby AtariToday » January 21st, 2018, 6:23 pm

I've been interested in trying Prime just so i can stream some B-movies. They have a film called "Space Amoeba" on the service that is calling to me...

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » January 22nd, 2018, 8:57 am

If you like bad movies, might I suggest getting an account at badmovies.org? http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php

You might also like The B-Movie Message Board, tho I should note it is rather slow: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bmmb/

AtariToday

Postby AtariToday » January 23rd, 2018, 6:11 am

Thanks for the suggestions pacman000! I'll have to look into those. While I consider myself a fan of B-movies I'm sure there are tons of films I'm missing out on since I'm unaware of them etc. Here are some of my favorites just in case you might have a movie suggestion or two to throw out there ;) :

Message from Space
Super Infra-man
Ricki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
Robo Vampire
Master of the Flying Guillotine
Starcrash

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » January 23rd, 2018, 10:17 am

I might suggest Sandy Frank's Fugitive Alien movies. They're edited from a Japanese TV series, and have a Message From Space vibe. (At least the one I saw had a Message From Space vibe.)

I've not seen any of the others you listed, tho I'm interested in Starcrash. From what I've seen, Luigi Cozzi had a funky style. You might check out his Hercules movie; MGM occasionally plays it on their TV network, and it looks there were fun/out there ideas. The Greek gods live on the moon, for one thing. And a goddess sends robots after Herc. And Herc has to cross a rainbow to...somewhere (Hades?). Where he has to stick his hand in a burning skull to retrieve a crystal. (Going by memory/haven't seen all of it.)

AtariToday

Postby AtariToday » January 24th, 2018, 7:26 am

Luigi Cozzi did in fact have a funky style! I own the Hercules movies he did and while I enjoy them, Starcrash is still my favorite film of his. My favorite part in the first Hercules movie is the fight between Herc and the bear. Full of stock footage and it has an epic fight finale that cracks me up every time I watch it. :lol:

I'll have to look into the Fugitive Alien movies. Thanks for the suggestion!!

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 24th, 2018, 10:51 pm

I love Contamination by Director: Luigi Cozzi (as Lewis Coates) and have it signed by the star of the movie Ian McCulloch. When I asked him to sign my dvd he got all shirty and told me I was going to sell it on the internet. I told him no way, this is my copy.
It is funny you should talk about Space Amoeba as I had on my list of movies to watch but just thought it looked to bad. Great model effects. Though it is looking like it is a godzilla type movie.
I am hoping for so bad it is good movie. Great dubbing so far.

Oh I love Starcrash. Superb movie.

FusekiGames

Postby FusekiGames » January 25th, 2018, 4:58 am

Starcrash is such trash. Cheesy acting, bad special effects, David Hasselhoff... I love it.

AtariToday

Postby AtariToday » January 25th, 2018, 5:57 am

I haven't seen Contamination yet and really need to check that one out.

If you finish watching Space Amoeba I'm hoping you share your final thoughts on the film! I thought it looked like a winner in the "so bad its good" category, but that was based on seeing the trailer for the film.

Glad to hear there is another Starcrash fan out there!! :mrgreen:

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » February 3rd, 2018, 6:03 am

AtariToday wrote:I haven't seen Contamination yet and really need to check that one out.

If you finish watching Space Amoeba I'm hoping you share your final thoughts on the film! I thought it looked like a winner in the "so bad its good" category, but that was based on seeing the trailer for the film.

Glad to hear there is another Starcrash fan out there!! :mrgreen:

Total hokum. If you like bad dubbing and people in rubber suits pretending to be monsters then I recommend it. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Return to “Other Media”