New Tomb Raider Movie!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
velcrozombie

Re: New Tomb Raider Movie!

Postby velcrozombie » February 2nd, 2018, 1:39 am

Man, I hate to rain on the parade, but...almost every video game movie is either a dumpster fire (which can be fun, admittedly) or a stiffly-made exercise in genre cliches (usually those movies based on games that already have overt cinematic influences). How many video game movies have been good, at least insofar as replicating the game elements in such a way that they work for a more general audience? The first Mortal Kombat, the first Silent Hill (arguably) and...what else? You could probably name one or two more (Dead Or Alive at least was goofy and self-aware, the way Rampage has the potential to be), but I don't understand why people would devote any energy to the least creatively-fertile source of film that exists. I mean, if the movie comes out and the word-of-mouth is good, then that's different - but why have any faith or anticipation for something when the odds are you'll just get burned again?

Return to “Other Media”