The Room (Best movie ever)

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

The Room (Best movie ever)

Postby Retrology » April 13th, 2018, 4:09 am

Anyone ever see this? It's so awful it's actually art. My brother and I watched it several months back and it was hysterical. Good intentions but awfully executed film, but all the more entertaining.

I post this because I just recently saw Disaster Artist, which was amazing. I won't give anything away, but if you've seen The Room, it's even funnier. James Franco earned his Golden Globe award; he was sensational as Tommy Wiseau.

Thoughts? Any other fans of The Room and/or Disaster Artist?

Stalvern

Re: The Room (Best movie ever)

Postby Stalvern » April 13th, 2018, 6:42 pm

It's pretty great. One of those movies that can't wear out its welcome, no matter how (in)famous it gets.

If you like The Room, I strongly recommend checking out A Talking Cat!? and Fateful Findings (or any other Neil Breen movie). I wish I had the time to seek out more weird, no-budget insanity like this; with how cheap it is to make a movie these days, there has to be a ton of it out there. A slightly more professional must-see that came out recently (late last year) is Pottersville, a "heartwarming" "holiday" "comedy" about a town full of "furries". I use scare quotes because it doesn't have much of a grasp on any of these concepts, especially the last one. If you need any more reason to give it a watch, Ron Perlman's in it!

Voor

Re: The Room (Best movie ever)

Postby Voor » April 14th, 2018, 8:11 am

One interesting fact: the only advertisement for the room was a billboard in Hollywood that stayed up for like 5 years.

The best critique of the room I read was: “it looks like aliens observed humans for 15 minutes and then decided to try to make a movie about them”.

Return to “Other Media”