Console Wars - book

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Console Wars - book

Postby Luigi & Peach » June 20th, 2018, 6:47 pm

I recently read Console Wars by Blake J Harris. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who has an interest in video games and doesn't hate to read. The book highlights the console war between Sega and Nintendo and throws a bit of early Playstation history all through the views of those involved during that era. It's probably a bit biased towards Sega early on, but I actually thought the parts regarding there downfall were more interesting. Some things I learned from this book were that while it's fairly common knowledge that Nintendo almost partnered with Sony, the president of Sega of America also tried partnering with them but was shot down by Sega of Japan. Sega also indirectly had a hand in the creation of the N64 which was interesting. I don't want to spoil anything, but this is definitely worth a read!

ESauce

Re: Console Wars - book

Postby ESauce » June 22nd, 2018, 10:13 am

Yeah I read this a couple years ago. It’s a very entertaining read. I don’t know if it’s actually happening still but it did get optioned into a movie

Return to “Other Media”