Musicians ?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Ozzybear

Musicians ?

Postby Ozzybear » June 22nd, 2018, 6:03 pm

Just thought I'd see , besides all the gamers we have here, is anyone else that comes here a lot musicians? and if so, in a band?

Retrology

Re: Musicians ?

Postby Retrology » June 23rd, 2018, 1:57 am

I sung in choir all four years of high school, played in several alternative rock bands, am currently in a pop band, and make my own instrumental electronic music (inspired by stuff such as Depeche Mode, Aphex Twin and Flying Lotus).

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » June 23rd, 2018, 9:41 am

Awesome! I’m a guitarist/ vocalist in a band called Elvira’s Curse, very 80’s Metal with a modern touch ! We released our first cd last year and the next is due this Halloween!

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » June 24th, 2018, 11:55 am

I've played guitar and bass since 1994 (with a few breaks mixed in); I also spent a couple of years on drums in the mid-2000s and have dabbled in keyboards (which I think is going to become a much more important instrument for me in the coming years) and saxophone. Played in a handful of bands over the years - while most of the them were garage bands, I did play lead guitar in a Pittsburgh band called We R The Dead back around 2010 that played a lot of gigs and did some college radio and local TV appearances. I have a longtime friend with an industrial metal/techno project called Thomas Christ that I played live guitar for a number of times (although the live shows stopped around 2009, unfortunately). Have a ton of 4-track recordings and have recently gotten into digital recording. Have more recently done a few cover songs with some friends that are on Bandcamp - I can PM the link if anyone is interested - and have another project in the works with a singer. Most recently, I decided to get back into drums (I still have my old set) as a way to get some cardio exercise - I figure I'll stick with an exercise routine if it's something I'll enjoy and I'll get my chops back up at the same time.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » June 24th, 2018, 12:09 pm

sure Velcro, would love to hear ! my band Elvira's Curse is on Facebook and Instagram...though taking a short break from recording our second album for about a month as my drummer just became a father..but still working hard !!

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » June 24th, 2018, 3:58 pm

World-class tambourine and kazoo player here.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » June 24th, 2018, 5:25 pm

I sing in a Foreigner Tribute band called Unusual Heat when I'm not wrestling.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » June 25th, 2018, 3:32 pm

very cool ! We've been getting a lot of radio play here locally, and with being named after Elvira, got to meet her and she got the very first copy of the first album, and has been very supportive!

SpaceGuitarist

Postby SpaceGuitarist » July 15th, 2018, 7:16 pm

I played bass and rhythm guitar in different bands since the late 90s. My latest band split a few years ago and I've been playing solo ever since, just me and the electric guitar. My bands kept splitting because we couldn't find a singer that wasn't a absolute idiot, so eventually I got tired of it, but at the moment I really really miss being in a band. I miss everything about it. Have you ever tried playing solo in a rehearsal room for three hours? It drives you insane.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » July 18th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Totally understand that completely.....that's why I started my own.. so if anyone starts any kinda drama or is an idiot...they are gone..no questions asked...ive been doing this for a long time, so definitely been through a lot of situations to say the least !

Return to “Other Media”