Mr. Do!

The readers post their own reviews.
Hopper76

Mr. Do!

Postby Hopper76 » July 10th, 2006, 4:52 pm

The Critic has called the excellent classic Mr. Do! "a blatant Dig Dug rip-off" in his reviews, and has implied that the game is not as fun as Dig Dug. First of all, I don't think it's a blatant rip-off at all, other than the fact you can dig. Mr. Do! gives you way more to do than Dig Dug, and has all kinds of strange and wonderful ideas. In Mr. Do! you can beat a level in FOUR different ways: killing all the little red bad guys, spelling EXTRA, getting all the cherries or finding the SECRET DIAMOND! Plus, you can push the apples around instead of just running under them to make them drop. And when you grab the treat in the middle, and a letter comes out and chases you around with those three bug-eyed monsters -- how crazy is that? Dig Dug never gets that exciting.

Mr. Do!: Way better than Dig Dug.

Alienblue

Mr. Do!

Postby Alienblue » July 11th, 2006, 3:25 am

I couldn't agree with you more! I like Dig Dug but the "same ol', sameol'" levels (with different dirt layer colors) gets repetitive. Do's levels are much more diverse. Universal made the arcade game and is one of my favorite companies, making superior versions of classic games..LADYBUG is my number one game EVER and is a much better PAC MAN! Cosmic Avenger is a better SCRAMBLE and so on....I think you should mention MR.DO! also had 4 sequals, none as fun as the first sadly; Mr DO!.s castle was pretty clever especially on COLECOVISION, a "knock out the blocks" climbing game; WILD RIDE was only mildly amusing (climb a roller coaster, avoid cars)...DO RUNRUN! was very good though, a cross between QIX and CRYTAL CASTLES if you can picture that, and lastly SNK's NEO MR DO! Attempted to bring the game to mordern times but still lacked the charm of the first. Mr.Do! is one of my most played MAME/Colecovision games(still looking for SNES!)

Hopper76

Mr. Do!

Postby Hopper76 » July 11th, 2006, 1:05 pm

I have the Super NES version ... it's great! Arcade perfect, with extra options.

Return to “Reader Reviews”