Sega saturn buyers guide part one

The readers post their own reviews.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 15th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Saturn, do you have the Eclipse arcade stick?  'm working on ordering a Saturn collection to be proud of and those things go for next to nothing.  Given that I want at least a couple of shooters and fighters, I figure if it's good I'd like to have it.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 15th, 2006, 9:08 pm

So far the best sticks I've used are the virtua and asii sticks.  And if the eclipse is the one I'm thinking of their too small in my opinion, that's the reason they go for nothing.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 16th, 2006, 3:02 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

So far the best sticks I've used are the virtua and asii sticks.  And if the eclipse is the one I'm thinking of their too small in my opinion, that's the reason they go for nothing.

[/QUOTE]
This is the one I'm talking about.  Anyone used it?

SSX, do you know if there are any online stores that offer either of the ones you named?  I don't do the ebay thing at all.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 16th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Yeah those are too small. lik sang had them for a while can't say if they still do.  Generally I can find those in the wild.  And atarifever how do you collect for failures like the saturn and moreover the jag without using ebay?

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 17th, 2006, 7:34 am

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

Yeah those are too small. lik sang had them for a while can't say if they still do.  Generally I can find those in the wild.  And atarifever how do you collect for failures like the saturn and moreover the jag without using ebay?

[/QUOTE]
The Jag is easy.  Between the goat store, Atariage, and Songbird productions, I can petty much get anything worth having.  The Saturn is proving more difficult.  I can get Daytona, Fighting Vipers, In the Hunt, Virtu Fighter 2, and a couple other games without too much difficulty, but Nights and most 2D fighters are nowhere at all.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 17th, 2006, 5:03 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=sega saturn x]

[/QUOTE]
The Jag is easy.  Between the goat store, Atariage, and Songbird productions, I can petty much get anything worth having.  The Saturn is proving more difficult.  I can get Daytona, Fighting Vipers, In the Hunt, Virtu Fighter 2, and a couple other games without too much difficulty, but Nights and most 2D fighters are nowhere at all.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you have against ebay, I've dealt with it many times and have had generally good experiences with it.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 18th, 2006, 6:35 am

[QUOTE=sega saturn x][QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=sega saturn x]

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you have against ebay, I've dealt with it many times and have had generally good experiences with it.

[/QUOTE]
1- I'd have to trust another person who I don't know and who really doesn't have that much to lose by ripping me off
2- I only use money orders for online purchases, and I don't think many people on ebay prefer those
3- Supporting Songbird, The Goat Store, and Atariage helps keep them actively publishing new games for old systems

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » July 18th, 2006, 8:50 am

Atarifever eBay is very trustworthy.  First of all there is the feedback idea.  You can see if people have a good history and only buy from those who have a good reputation.  Also many of the eBayers own shop accounts and these are even more trustworthy.  Many people make a living on there and guard their feedback dearly.  My Dad once ordered an antique and it had a crack that was not mentioned in the description.  The eBayer refunded his money and let him keep the item by way of a thank you.  Most eBayers should take money orders as Paypal takes a cut out of their profits.  Of course with a credit or debit card those methods provide extra fraud guarantees.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 18th, 2006, 9:49 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]Atarifever eBay is very trustworthy.  First of all there is the feedback idea.  You can see if people have a good history and only buy from those who have a good reputation.  Also many of the eBayers own shop accounts and these are even more trustworthy.  Many people make a living on there and guard their feedback dearly.  My Dad once ordered an antique and it had a crack that was not mentioned in the description.  The eBayer refunded his money and let him keep the item by way of a thank you.  Most eBayers should take money orders as Paypal takes a cut out of their profits.  Of course with a credit or debit card those methods provide extra fraud guarantees.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the selection of the vendors listed doesn't even compare.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 19th, 2006, 8:52 am

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

Not to mention the selection of the vendors listed doesn't even compare.

[/QUOTE]
Well, it does for the Jaguar.  Every game that I've read about that's supposed to be worth playing for the Jag is available on those sites.  Well, there are two that weren't and I made a deal with a long time poster on Atariage to get those (which is another way to get games without ebay; if you only trust atariage posters who have been posting for years, you aren't likely to be ripped off).

P.S. please nobody quote the "every game that's worth playing for the Jag" part of my post and write "wow, all four of them". 

Return to “Reader Reviews”