One Sentence N64 Reviews

The readers post their own reviews.
ActRaiser

Re: One Sentence N64 Reviews

Postby ActRaiser » June 13th, 2015, 4:06 pm

In between paintball matches with three friends, Remington Steele saves the world to impress a girl. A+

Rev

Postby Rev » June 13th, 2015, 8:50 pm

ActRaiser wrote:In between paintball matches with three friends, Remington Steele saves the world to impress a girl. A+

GoldenEye?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 14th, 2015, 8:21 am

Rev wrote:
ActRaiser wrote:In between paintball matches with three friends, Remington Steele saves the world to impress a girl. A+

GoldenEye?

Winner! Yeah, writing a good one sentence review is tougher than I initially thought. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the paintball cheat code one could enter into Goldeneye but it seemed to fit for an apt description of multiplayer without using the incredibly obvious word multiplayer.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 14th, 2015, 9:21 am

Yeah, it was actually the paintball that triggered my response because my friends and I used to play with that code on most of the time.

Yeah, writing a good one sentence review is tougher than I initially thought.

yeah, definitely. I now have much more respect for those that can do this well.

scotland

Postby scotland » June 14th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Kinda like far out high tech Ben Hur chariot racing meets Junkyard Wars, and a good way to be popular at your particular hive of scum and villainy.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » June 15th, 2015, 2:23 am

scotland wrote:Kinda like far out high tech Ben Hur chariot racing meets Junkyard Wars, and a good way to be popular at your particular hive of scum and villainy.

Episode 1 Racer! My favorite racer on the console.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 18th, 2015, 10:44 pm

ptdebate wrote:
scotland wrote:Kinda like far out high tech Ben Hur chariot racing meets Junkyard Wars, and a good way to be popular at your particular hive of scum and villainy.

Have you tried the Dreamcast version? That game is absolutely fantastic. I've never played the N64 version but found the DC version balls to the walls amazing.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » June 18th, 2015, 10:51 pm

ActRaiser wrote:
ptdebate wrote:

Have you tried the Dreamcast version? That game is absolutely fantastic. I've never played the N64 version but found the DC version balls to the walls amazing.

I haven't yet but need to! I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast version is the exact same but with better graphics. The N64 version is really good looking too though with a "high resolution" mode supported by the Expansion Pack.

No other racing game has given me such a satisfying sense of going really, really fast.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 18th, 2015, 11:05 pm

ptdebate wrote:I haven't yet but need to! I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast version is the exact same but with better graphics. The N64 version is really good looking too though with a "high resolution" mode supported by the Expansion Pack.

No other racing game has given me such a satisfying sense of going really, really fast.

Have you guys ever played the GBC version of Episode 1 Racer? For an 8 bit handheld title, it actually was a lot of fun and captured the feeling of the real game quite well. That game was a blast back in the day. I also played the hell out of the N64 title when it first came out. I spent hours unlocking all the different carts and characters only to let someone else reap my hard work, when I returned it to Blockbuster.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » June 19th, 2015, 11:38 pm

ptdebate wrote:I haven't yet but need to! I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast version is the exact same but with better graphics. The N64 version is really good looking too though with a "high resolution" mode supported by the Expansion Pack.

Have you ever played an F-Zero game? If not, you would really love them. X is insanely fast, and the first one is pretty fast too. Never played GX, but I've heard the speed in that game is so ridiculous, it's one of the hardest games on the GCN (and some would say of all time) simply because of it.

Return to “Reader Reviews”