The 360

The readers post their own reviews.
a1

The 360

Postby a1 » November 30th, 2006, 1:56 am

Well, I was going to post that he had played a game on it for a good period of time, so it seemed likely that he actually owned one, but then I looked on ign and saw that Test Drive is on PS2 and Xbox. Honestly, mathematician, I'm fairly skeptical that you even have a 360, too. Unless you're a millionaire, I can't see why you would throw away $500+ for a system when you had already decided you didn't like it, or want one. Plus, what better way to discredit it than to say you've played it and it sucks.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

The 360

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 1st, 2006, 5:20 pm

I'm starting to join the list of readers who believe mathematician's review was a hoax.  Those may have been his real opinions of the system, but I don't think he purchased it himself.  He probably tried it over a friend's house. 

There are a lot of suspicious things in that review.  For example, he talks about how the package includes one hard drive that attaches to the top of the console.  Actually it comes installed, and hard drive isn't even marked on the unit.

He didn't even mention anything about whether his TV was high-def, or the type of cable he used to connect to it.  That's a pretty big deal when you get a HD compatible 360.   Very suspicious indeed.

bluemonkey1

The 360

Postby bluemonkey1 » December 1st, 2006, 6:54 pm

He also didn't know that Hexic came preloaded on the hard drive.  Which is pretty obvious.

m0zart1

The 360

Postby m0zart1 » December 1st, 2006, 7:04 pm

Ya know, I think the console is a bit loud myself, but it wasn't as bad as a vacuum cleaner.  I think that's the part of the review that really baffles me:

[QUOTE=mathmetician]The console itself is about as noisy as a trash compactor, and to fix this Microsoft has included a set of headphones to wear.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure he has to be referring to the XBOX Live headset, but nobody could mistake that thing as something that could drown out sound.

mathematician

The 360

Postby mathematician » December 1st, 2006, 7:51 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart]

I am pretty sure he has to be referring to the XBOX Live headset, but nobody could mistake that thing as something that could drown out sound.

[/QUOTE]

No I don't believe those are XBOX Live headphones, they are special noise canceling headphones designed specifically to reduce the decibel output from the XBOX itself ; )

I really did buy a 360, but the way I see it, that's completely beside the point. As the critic said I could have played it at a friends house, either way I did experience the system and formed my own opinions.

One reason we as humans do advance is from not settling for current technology and exploring new and better ways. From the World leader in computer software I expected a bit more. But perhaps I just have higher standards.

voor

The 360

Postby voor » December 1st, 2006, 10:07 pm

not only do I question the truth of this review, but I question his common sense as well now, when it comes to working a video game console....

lame dude!

mathematician

The 360

Postby mathematician » December 1st, 2006, 10:36 pm

[QUOTE=voor]

not only do I question the truth of this review, but I question his common sense as well now, when it comes to working a video game console....

lame dude!

[/QUOTE]

This has gone completely mad! I do apologize for writing the review. Surely I will find a much better use of my time.

No more please.

sega saturn x

The 360

Postby sega saturn x » December 2nd, 2006, 12:47 pm

[QUOTE=mathematician][QUOTE=voor]

lame dude!

[/QUOTE]

. Surely I will find a much better use of my time.

No more please.

[/QUOTE]

Like never coming to this site again?

voor

The 360

Postby voor » December 2nd, 2006, 3:11 pm

I think that was the definition of 'asking for it'...

You posted this mess, which nobody made you do, so there.

Just be honest, that's all.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

The 360

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 2nd, 2006, 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=mathematician]
 I really did buy a 360, but the way I see it, that's completely beside the point. As the critic said I could have played it at a friends house, either way I did experience the system and formed my own opinions.
[/QUOTE]

This is true, but by misrepresenting yourself, it indicates you did not approach the review objectively, but instead had a predetermined agenda. 

If you have a gripe against Microsoft, you should just come out and say so.  A lot of people do.  But don't act like you gave the system a fair chance because we're not buying it.

Return to “Reader Reviews”