Tetris 2 (SNES)

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

Tetris 2 (SNES)

Postby Alienblue » December 8th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Tetris 2; SNES....D+

Tetris is possibly the most ADDICTING game of all time, so it really saddens me to say that Tetris 2 is both boring and a ripoff. Unlike the mesmerizing spartness of the original, here there are a bunch of bad 16-bit pictures (dinosaurs seen out a window, the family living room, hills, etc...) and several dull songs which have NOTHING to do with the VERY dull puzzle game. The screen already contains several blinking COLORED tetris blocks. Exactly like Sega's COLUMNS, you must line up three colored blocks and remove all the blinking blocks. Tres' BORING! Columns had beautiful music and HUGE gems as puzzle pieces, here you have little itty bitty shapes you can barely see. The controls are pretty bad too, and the difficulty level is silly...it starts so easy it almost plays itself but gets way too hard way too fast. If that were the whole game I'd give this an F- , but there is, thankfully, a puzzle mode that is much more appealing. Same idea, but you have only one chance and one piece to fit into the pattern to move on. This could've been a C+ if the background pictures were not completely static and VERY boring. I'm an artist and it looks like a 5 year old drew these pictures in MARIOPAINT! Not much to see, and very little to make you want to "see" the next lousy picture. Blah. I'm very glad I only borrowed this game. Consider this warning, potential purchasers! :

If You want a wonderful, perfect, utterly fantastic Tetris sequal with crisp, well drawn and animated scenes as well as THREE different and very fun play modes, AND you own an SNES, DEFFINITELY hunt down TETRIS ATTACK! -before the DS Zookeeper (and Tetris DS) Teris Attack was , in my book, THE most addicting puzzle game ever made for ANY system(also available for GBA as PUZZLE LEAUGE!)! And if Tetris2 is still in the slot, please...get it out of your system!

Zenzerotron

Tetris 2 (SNES)

Postby Zenzerotron » December 8th, 2006, 3:56 pm

I own the NES version of Tetris 2 and I actually like it. I don't know about the SNES version, but the NES version is pretty hard and you constantly have to think, you can't zone-out and do well like your typical color-matching puzzle game.

Truth be told, I'm a huge Dr Mario fan, and Tetris 2, from my perspective, is simply Dr Mario with tetris pieces.

I'm not saying that Tetris 2 is on par with Dr Mario or Tetris, but it's good enough to hold my interest.

Alienblue

Tetris 2 (SNES)

Postby Alienblue » December 9th, 2006, 6:44 am

You are right Zen, for an NES puzzle game Tetris 2 is pretty good. Here are some reasons the SNES is worse:

* Actually has WORSE graphics (the NES is more abstract patterns, they tried to be "fancy" on Snes and it didn't work with a bad artist drawing the pictures!)

* MUCH slower play and worse controls.

* Finally, it has more competition. Tetris attack and the dual pack Tetris/Dr.Mario (not to mention a few others) are much better games than this. I was comparing this to other SNES games like the critic, not to NES ones.

Return to “Reader Reviews”