Console Launch Reviews

The readers post their own reviews.
Atarifever1

Console Launch Reviews

Postby Atarifever1 » January 19th, 2007, 5:15 am

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

I just decided a few weeks ago I can live without a Wii. I have tons of Cube, PS2, Xbox and Atari games I need to beat before I justify spending $$$ on that sh*t.

FUNK

[/QUOTE]
I reached the same conclusion about the entire next gen over Christmas.  My brother gave me the money for a Wii, and I just bought a great TV I saw on sale instead.  I realized that  I still need the RE boxed set, Odama (I want to be the guy who beats this game and eventually calls it easy), Lego Star Wars 2 (1 is fantastic), the original Baiten Kaitos, and a few others.  Right now I'm playing through Twilight Princess.  The number of GBA games that have been/are being released that I need is even larger.  And the DS, well, the DS library could still eat me alive.   Add in my 2600, now with a speech synthesis unit, and the fact that I need Beggar Prince for the Genny, and I don't have time to play what I own right now. 
Thus, I don't see any reason not to wait another year on the next gen. I got the Cube in 2003, beginning my re-entry into modern gaming, and I can't say I feel like I missed out on a lot by buying it then.  All that can happen is the libraries for the 360 and Wii will grow while the prices for games, perephrials, and consoles shrinks.

Alienblue

Console Launch Reviews

Postby Alienblue » January 19th, 2007, 5:55 am

Quote-"I swear you guys, it's time for you to get some dates!"

If we could get dates would we be hanging out here?

Seriously, I am "date-shy" after my last divorce, I have to hide from women. I'm so handsome and suave, like a Johnny Depp clone, going out is a pain since I must wear my THING mask or get a mobster to mess up my face so all the girls won't jump on me!
(ok, really, I'm 40, much older than the norm here, and had my fill of dating when I was younger-now I want to have fun!)

I don't eat meat, but Swiss cheese beats Provolone!
Lays beat Pringles!
Kiwi shoe polish is best just because its fun to say! KIWI!

sega saturn x

Console Launch Reviews

Postby sega saturn x » January 19th, 2007, 2:56 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Yeah I just got CoD 2 the other week, fantastic shooter.  I haven't played 3 yet but 2 definitely looks a lot better (lots of people seem to prefer 2).  Let's not forget 3 is made by Treyarch again not Infinity Ward .

[/QUOTE]

The whining regarding 3 is really unwarrented, if you like 2 you will like 3 as well.  It's not as good but that's just because of the setting, it's very bland, the gun play is like identical though.  Plus the multiplayer is leaps and bounds better.

a1

Console Launch Reviews

Postby a1 » January 19th, 2007, 9:14 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V] I also would never buy Call of Duty 3, that would be a renter.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, while I would be upset  if I bought the game, it is a great rental. Mainly because you can beat it in about a week. It's fun enough, and the controls are fine (shooting controls can be better than normal controllers if you turn up the sensitivity), but it is very short. I beat the game in about 10 hours, and after that there is nothing left to do; no multiplayer, no new modes, nothing.

Return to “Reader Reviews”