Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360)

The readers post their own reviews.
Linkdude

Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360)

Postby Linkdude » February 15th, 2007, 10:32 pm

After playing as much Call of Duty 2 as I could, I had to move on to the next game in the series: Call of Duty 3. And one thing is: Why the crap is it made by Treyarch? Infinity Ward had perfected the series before Treyarch decided, "Hey, let's make COD3!!"

The game takes place in WWII during the Normandy Breakout campaign, where you fight as an American soldier, Polish Tanker, Canadian soldier, and British soldier. It's ridiculous that Treyarch included cutscenes into the game just like it was a movie. I mean come on, I'd rather watch the movie "Flags of Our Fathers" than watch COD3's cutscenes.

Basically, COD3 is a shorter game than COD2. It took me about 8 hours to beat the game. But-- guess what? COD3 Veteran is IMPOSSIBLE!!! COD2 Veteran was easy, but now COD3 Veteran takes it way too far. That's because even if you use smoke grenades, they're useless. Enemies can see you and they shoot you, and you're dead.

The multiplayer has improved over Call of Duty 2. Now you can have up to 24 people online or through system links. Split-screen now is a little better, with some small maps. (Critic, take note!)

A great thing about COD3 is that it's still a good game, despite the worst AI I've seen from enemies, and also some other problems. Read the pros and cons to see.

Pros:
+ Has great graphics and great audio
+ Outstanding Multiplayer
+ Good campaign for most of the time

Cons:
- Really bad AI
- Short campaign
- Let's just say this is another COD2 game and Infinity Ward making COD4 will be COD3.

Grade: B-

Return to “Reader Reviews”