Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii Review

The readers post their own reviews.
snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » September 25th, 2007, 10:19 pm

I'm curious, feilong. Did you have to consult a walkthrough at any point during the game? I'm wondering because I'm only about 30% of the way through, and I've had to get help twice already and will probably have to a third time since I'm stuck again.

Now, usually when I get help from a walkthrough, I feel like an idiot because the solution to my problem ends up seeming obvious. But this doesn't seem to be the case with Metroid Corruption. The point in the game where you have to go back to acquire the screw attack upgrade seemed to make no sense to me. I don't think there would have been anyway for me of knowing where to go at that point without consulting a walkthrough. Did you (or anyone else) have that problem? If you didn't I would be interested in knowing how you figured it out?

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » September 25th, 2007, 10:46 pm

That's a good point, and I should be more careful to note this sort of thing in the future.

I almost always buy the guide for a big game like this, but I use it when needed and not as a literal walkthrough (in order to get through games in a reasonable amount of time; one of those concessions you make when you are dealing with a family in addition to being a gamer!).

In Prime 3's case, the Screw Attack is probably the only one that was a little weird, because it involves (very mild spoiler here)

a warp point, which seems counter intuitive for a bit.

(end mild spoiler).

But all in all, I didn't find too many things that weren't manageable... although getting 100% pickups would have been enormously difficult without the guide! But that's an extra deal, so I don't knock it for that.

-Rob

MigAlley

Postby MigAlley » September 27th, 2007, 4:12 pm

Where is the challenge in MP3? I blasted through this game and it cost me $10 to rent it. Anybody else notice this? Maybe I should have adjusted the difficulty settings. Also, why are the worlds (stages) so small? No way this game is even close to Bioshock. Bioshock is nearly perfect and the voice acting/cut scenes easily knock it down to the B+ range. I'll bet a buck that the VGC gives it a B+.

qubit

Postby qubit » September 28th, 2007, 8:13 am

[QUOTE=MigAlley]

...the voice acting/cut scenes easily knock it down to the B+ range.

[/QUOTE]

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!  Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is one of my favourite games ever and it has some of the worst voice acting ever forced upon human ears.  I'd easily give it an A+, even with the awful VA work.

Return to “Reader Reviews”