Donkey Kong/GBA

The readers post their own reviews.
Adamant1

Donkey Kong/GBA

Postby Adamant1 » October 12th, 2007, 10:55 pm

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron] 1. I wish there was a version with the missing screen simply because I've never seen it, most gamers probly haven't. I believe you that this screen isn't very fun, but still, after all these years, just to SEE the freaking thing would be nice. It's a curiosity thing. [/QUOTE]

The complete game is included in Donkey Kong 64.

Atarifever1

Donkey Kong/GBA

Postby Atarifever1 » October 17th, 2007, 10:45 am

great review.  10,000 times more informative than the IGN and Gamespot ones for the VC.  Perhaps I will have to answer this with a 7800 DK review.  Worse music, an extra difficulty option, slightly worse graphics, can use a 2600 joystick, same missing screens.  It'd be close.

I vastly prefer DK Jr.  It was much more fun, and the screens are more interesting.  Given this level of love for DK, I imagine you really should look at getting Hunchy 2 for the 2600.

Alienblue

Donkey Kong/GBA

Postby Alienblue » October 18th, 2007, 12:40 pm

AF-Glad you liked it. I'm a DK fanatic.

Hey, I owned HUNCH BACK for the C=>64!!! I remember that well!

I like 7800 DK; I don't mind the music but you must admit the SQUAKSQUAKSQUAKSQUAK sound of mario is annoying as hell! The rivets screen is higher res than NES,though!

I agree DKjunior is far more fun. I just hate marios hideout screen; it's the opposite of DKs conveyer belts-this time it's too damn HARD! Those sparx are hard to jump. I love how they included the real nitpicker birds on last level, instead or "reusing" the stookybird sprite like Colecovision did!

Return to “Reader Reviews”