ipod nano video game reviews

The readers post their own reviews.
andrew

Postby andrew » October 8th, 2007, 8:44 pm

So yes I'm the biggest hypocrite ever bashing apple then deciding to return my sansa mp3 player in favor of the new ipod nano video. The best decision I've made this year! The nano comes with three games: Klondike, iquiz and Vortex

So Klondike is your standard solitaire game which I still don't know how to play but is perfectely recreated so fans? should like it.
Second is iquiz which has celeb, movie and tv show trivia. Its a fun little diversion but minor overall.

That brings me to its best game, Vortex. Vortex is a 360 degree breakout game. It combines tempest and breakout to make an interesting take on the classic breakout. So you shoot a ball against bricks, and have to use the ipod's clickwheel to move your paddle along its circular path to intercept the ball and have it break some more blocks. Like breakout, the game can get addictive but I have trouble gettng my paddle to the required destination at times due to my lack of skill in using the clickwheel effectively. Regular users will have no problem. In addition to the great gameplay, you can even save your progress in case you suddenly have to stop. Its paused for you to see where the ball is so when you want to resume play so your prepared. A solid B for the game. Apple are also selling ms pac-man for the ipod nano video but I'm not going to play enough to warrant spending $4.99 for it.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » October 9th, 2007, 5:12 am

So we are reveiwing games that come loaded with machines now?

Ok, my ACER laptop had a bunch. First, FOUR card games including regular Klondike (I can't believe anyone doesn't know this!), Freecel, Hearts and Spider. Inkball is a little mini game where you must draw lines to move the ball to the goal (good mousepad practice).

There are also two full fledged "real" games. CHESS is 3-D and VERY good, as good as most commercial chess programs. And for kids there is 'Puurble pies" (or something like that) where you must add cake,topping,icing and candy toping to match the right order.Very good graphics.

Oh-it also has minesweeper but this is Windows so you know that. Really, I was surprised at the large number of games on here, and that's not even mentioning the program that makes puzzles from an image!

andrew

Postby andrew » October 9th, 2007, 10:08 am

Only reviewed Vortex it because its a breakout variation , and breakout is amazing not to mention serious games like ms Pac-Man and Tetris are available for the iupod as well.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » October 9th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Adrew-I was just teasing! (all PCs come with desktop games)

And I agree with you that BREAKOUT is one of the best games ever made,
and Vortex sounds cool. Good review.

Dennis

Postby Dennis » October 16th, 2007, 6:07 pm

JEZZBALL.

I was mega-addicted to that in college.  Spent hours on a single game, confining each ball to a ball-sized square to get maximum points.

Koopa W.

Postby Koopa W. » October 16th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Vortex is on the 30 GB iPod, too. It's called Brick and it is as addictive as hell. I haven't bought any games. My iPod also came with Solitare (play that occasionally), Music Quiz (rarely touch this), and Parachute (I tried this like 3 times, and it sucks).

Return to “Reader Reviews”