Mighty Final Fight (NES)

The readers post their own reviews.
hi there

Mighty Final Fight (NES)

Postby hi there » November 6th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Gameplay 6/10
MFF is a game simlar to the final fight arcade game. You start by picking out the same charaters from FF. Just in case you didn't know, Guy is the quickest, but his puches aren't as strong. Cody is an all-around fighter, and Haggar is slow but
strong.

Gameplay is watered down from the other final fight games. Due to the NES limiations, only two charaters are on the screen at a time, and they aren't as agressive. The enemies are recycled from the first final fight, but that's not a problem.

The game arms you with the same punches, jumps, and throws, and they all work the same way they do in normal final fight games.

The game provides only a small amount of weapons and health to you. You get these items by smashing rolling barrels that appear in a certin point in each level. Thankfully, the game gives you just enough to make it through each level.

The levels themselves are composed one flat plane, though there is the occasial pit that you can throw enemies down.

One intresting feature of the game is the level up system. By killking eneimes and grabbing items, you will gain experence points. There are also bonus stages where you smash barrels, and this can get you EXP or an extra continue.

Unfortnantely, the excssive number of cheap hits almost ruin the game. The enemies use fare too many cheap-ass charging attacks, and the bosses are even worse, using a really cheap trick where they beat you as soon as you get up close to punch them. Capcom tried to make thing better by piling on 5 lives and 4 continues, but it's simply not enough. You will take too many hits fighting enemies and go through entire continues trying to beat the bosses. NO sane man will beat the boss on level 4 without cheating.

Graphics 8/10
The NES isn't known for it's graphics, but the bright colors, exellent animation, impressively detailed backrounds, and the charming "kid" style will win over fans.
Flicker and break-up do occour, but it's not much of a problem.

Sound 7/10
I've always loved 8-bit Capcom music, but the tracks in this game simply can't stand up to the awesome tracks in games like Street Fighter 2010. The sound effects are just "there" and are somewhat forgettable.

Replay 7/10
The high diffculty may keep you going, but the cheap hits may make you throw in the towel early.

Overall
6.5/10
Not an average

Zenzerotron

Mighty Final Fight (NES)

Postby Zenzerotron » November 7th, 2007, 2:39 pm

A few thoughts........

The art direction of this game is very Neo Geo Pocket to me. It's all the more striking when you play this game on your GBA/DS from via "Capcom Classics Mini Mix".

I think the boss fights are overly difficult and cheap like you mentioned, but I don't feel this way about dealing with regular goons.

I also feel this game looks&plays alot smoother then alot of other NES beat-em-ups, which are prone to flicker, image breakup, and faulty collision detection.

Considering "Capcom Classics Mini Mix" goes for 9.99, which also includes Bionic Commando and Strider, I think it's well worth the time and money to check out Mighty Final Fight

I think you were a bit harsh on this game. Not to say it's a masterpiece, but it's Neo Geo Pocket graphics make it quite endearing from my personal perspective.

Return to “Reader Reviews”