House of the Dead: Prelude to an Overkill Graphic Novel Review

The readers post their own reviews.
Dawson Dailey

House of the Dead: Prelude to an Overkill Graphic Novel Review

Postby Dawson Dailey » October 16th, 2009, 6:10 pm

If you pre-ordered House of the Dead: Overkill on Wii you would recieve a graphic novel that served as a prequel to the game. I however missed out and just got the game and when I learned that a graphic novel existed I knew I just had to get it. So I bought it off of ebay for $10 and I must say it was totally worth it. The comic is in black and white with red for blood(MadWorld anyone?) and it provides some interesting and amusing backstory to the game. The book follows Detective Washington and Varla Guns having encounters with mutants and how much Papa Caesar changed their lives. Its a comic book that explains more about these characters and it's great how they do it. My only flaws with the book is that it could have told about how the mutant compound and how the scientists suffered for its creation or how Clement Darling found it under his prison. I also would have liked to see G in this but he's nowhere to be found. I recommend this comic and if you like House of the Dead and pick it up before it gets rare and expensive. 

Return to “Reader Reviews”