WARPLOCK / 2600

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

WARPLOCK / 2600

Postby Alienblue » October 19th, 2009, 1:12 pm

WARPLOCK / ATARI 2600 / C+

Hi, Zen. You said my reviews were too long winded so here is a SHORT WINDED REVIEW for you!:

THIS GAME IS MILDLY FUN. BUY IT. NOW.
OR I'LL SHOOT YOU.

Okay?

Now, for everyone else: I can't figure this one out. By all rights this SHOULD be one of the worse games ever. Using the paddle control, you move a "spaceship" that looks like a brown blob, and must shoot these HATS and HEAD LICE and BOOGERS that swirl around the screen to an awful DOITDOITDOIT sound.

Data Age was known for TERRIBLE VCS games..they made Sssnake for Gods sake, the worst VCS game ever!

And oh, you only get one point for each ship or two or three ships that appear in groups. High scores only go up to 99 points!
And you only get one life! This is worse than most Odyssey2 games, you'd THINK!

And yet!....And YET! I can't stop playing it! I keep pushing RESET saying "I can get a higher score THIS time!"...

WARPLOCK proves a game can have awful sounds and graphics (they are almost black and white), yet still be fun. Not as fun as SUPER BREAKOUT or CIRCUS ATARI, but still fun. Its DIFFERENT for one thing; your ship is in the center of the screen and the aliens circle you. And the paddle control is perfect.

With good sounds and graphics, Warplock could be an A game. Still, it scares me to think kids paid $30 for this thing back in 1982! Its a fun "Mini game" to while away ten minutes, but this is no PITFALL or ASTEROIDS!

Buy this, but don't pay over 5 bucks,okay?
M'kay!

COPYWRONG 1495 THE ALIENBLUE CRTICK!

Return to “Reader Reviews”