Adventures of Tron (Atari 2600)

The readers post their own reviews.
Jake

Adventures of Tron (Atari 2600)

Postby Jake » March 18th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Adventures Of Tron

This one is titled after Tron the Sci-Fi movie from the early 80's. The basics of the game is to run Tron around the 4 floors equip with elevators. You must complete them by collecting the colorful objects floating above you. It has excellent graphics and sound effects... crisp sharp and clear, no flicker. The gameplay seems like a combination of other platformers. However, I feel the gameplay plays out smoother and smarter then say, Infiltrate or Fast Eddie. You can easily activate elevators, unlike Infiltrate you cannot be harmed while using them, which stops any cheap deaths. Other escape routes include going down the pole in the center of the screen, cool stuff! You can also re-use the elevators when you want, no need to wait for it... just move! Gameplay speeds up each time you re-enter the floors. There's no set order, you can collect floating objects in any order you want. My only real gripes are, jumping could be a bit more effective or easier, also trying to get an object sometimes doesn't work on the first jump, you'll often be making a second attempt, and when the difficulty really ramps up... this can spell "end game". Despite some minor flaws, like Mattel usual (no indication of how many lives you have left). It was fun for me to play and seems to get more fun each time. Practice makes perfect, learning new tips don't hurt ya' none either ;-) Advanced gamers will find more to this Tron game then the casual ones. A deceptively good game.

Grade: B-

Return to “Reader Reviews”