Rayman DS

The readers post their own reviews.
hi there

Rayman DS

Postby hi there » June 4th, 2006, 11:43 pm

My grade: B-

Despite the fact that this is a poor port of a great game, i managed to have fun with this. How? I think its because i never got the luxury of playing the "legendary" dreamcast verson. So i had to make do with this instead.

Graphics: F

The lush forests and detailed temples have been replaced with some ugly junk. Everything is blocky and the textures will make you cry. Cutscenes have animation problems.

Sound: B

Rayman 2's songs sound great, but fire and eleletricity sound more like static. All other sounds sound good.

Gameplay: B

Now, even though the game suffers from control problems, rayman 2 is still there. The levels and basic gameplay of rayman 2 can still be found, and you will still be able to have some fun. Using the slide in the cave of bad dreams is rather frustrating, though.

Replay: C

There are plenty of lums to collect, increasing replay, but most rayman 2 fans will turn the game off in disgust.

Well, i'm ready. Let the flaming commence.

bluemonkey1

Rayman DS

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 5th, 2006, 7:54 am

If the graphics are that bad on the DS I would really recommend you try to pick up one of the home versions.  For me the graphics were one of the best things about this game.  They are just a perfect example of how to create and amazing world in 3D.

sega saturn x

Rayman DS

Postby sega saturn x » June 8th, 2006, 8:08 pm

I'm not seeing where the F for graphics is comming from, I never played it but have seen a lot of footage.  The game looked C quality at least.

Return to “Reader Reviews”