Nam-1975 - Neo Geo AES

The readers post their own reviews.
Shogun1

Nam-1975 - Neo Geo AES

Postby Shogun1 » July 21st, 2011, 5:41 pm

Nam-1975 - Neo Geo AES - A-

"Do I have to go back to the hell again?" That line sums up the difficulty of Nam-1975 yet I keep coming back to the hell for more! An early pack in game for the Neo Geo, Nam-1975 features near deaths and close calls. The player uses acrobatics to dodge bullets, takes control of machine guns and flamethrowers to stop enemies dead in their tracks and throws grenades for big damage against war machines like tanks and helicopters. The action is viewed from behind the soldier and movement is restricted to side-to-side strafing. I love how when a woman hostage is rescued, she takes a machine gun and helps the player out! That is my kind of woman. There are six stages in all and each is more challenging than the last. The difficulty is about as tough as they come and plenty of lives will be lost in the mayhem. The death sounds and animations had me clenching my gut. Like other Neo Geo games, the engrish is entertaining and like the quote above, will be quoted for years to come. The music is also well done and is memorable to say the least. If anybody is looking for nonstop shooting action, Nam-1975 gets the job done. Just be ready for some shrapnel to the gut.

Marriott_Guy1

Nam-1975 - Neo Geo AES

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » July 22nd, 2011, 8:41 am

Very well written.  Nice, concise review/overview.

Return to “Reader Reviews”