JUNGLE HUNT / Colecovision

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 1st, 2011, 1:35 pm

JUNGLE HUNT / Colecovision / B+

I hated the Jungle Hunt coin-op because I'm an artist, and the graphics looked like they were done in CRAYON by a three year old. Compared to Donkey Kong, this was TERRIBLE.

The Colecovision cartridge, which is rare and which Snakeboy will be getting soon, box and all, is MUCH BETTER. Can you believe a home game looking BETTER then the coin-op in 1982? Here it is. The jungle is lush and changes colours from wave to wave, the river is a beautiful deep blue, the rock stage has PARALAX SCROLLING and the native screen is great. The terrible "congratulation" screen of your guys head being kissed by the girl is, thank heavens, removed. It still says CONGRATULATIONS when you get the girl. And starting with level two the monkeys are here too. The sound is great with nice SWOOSHing vines and DIT DIT DIT running sounds and KA BUMP KA BUMP KA BUMP boulder leaps. The terrible music is also removed and its so much better without that LA LA, LA LA LA LA junk.

By the way Atarisoft GALAXIAN is also light years above any other version on the CV. Atari, unlike coleco, wasn't afraid to make superior versions. The only 5200 title that beats the Cv is Centipede.

I still liked JUNGLE HUNT better when it was JUNGLE KING though. Oh well, we already have a Tarzan cart for CV.....I mean Snakeboy does!

But Jungle Hunt still beats PIRATE PETE. How many times did they re-release the same damn game with new graphics? They certainly got their monies worth on this ROM!

Jake

Postby Jake » August 7th, 2011, 3:00 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]JUNGLE HUNT / Colecovision / B+

I hated the Jungle Hunt coin-op because I'm an artist, and the graphics looked like they were done in CRAYON by a three year old. Compared to Donkey Kong, this was TERRIBLE.

By the way Atarisoft GALAXIAN is also light years above any other version on the CV. Atari, unlike coleco, wasn't afraid to make superior versions. The only 5200 title that beats the Cv is Centipede.

[/QUOTE]

Uh what? hehe explain I don't get it.... Atarisoft was a company and it had a Galaxian for what console and it's better then the other CV version/s of Galaxian??

Only 5200 Centipede beats any Colecovision game or just the Atarisoft made ones?
Wouldn't that be no big deal ?? How many of the same games did Atarisoft make for CV or 5200?

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » August 7th, 2011, 5:27 pm

[QUOTE=Jake]
Uh what? hehe explain I don't get it.... Atarisoft was a company and it had a Galaxian for what console and it's better then the other CV version/s of Galaxian??

Only 5200 Centipede beats any Colecovision game or just the Atarisoft made ones?
Wouldn't that be no big deal ?? How many of the same games did Atarisoft make for CV or 5200?

[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, he's saying that the Colecovision version of Galaxian is the best version of Galaxian Atari made, and that the only Atari game that's better on the 5200 than it is on the Colecovision is Centipede.

Atari made 4 games for the Colecovision; Jungle Hunt, Galaxian, Centipede and Defender. They made 5200 versions of all four games, too.

Return to “Reader Reviews”