Rampage/2600/F

The readers post their own reviews.
Stephen

Rampage/2600/F

Postby Stephen » August 20th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Okay, so in the arcades Rampage was a monster hit, no pun intended. I thought the arcade game was highly original, I could play it for 30 screens before I got bored. I enjoyed the NES and Atari 7800 versions of the game, so I decided I'd give this one a whirl.
I went on eBay and purchased it, waited 2 weeks, got it in the mail, threw it in, and was devastated! At first it showed promise, the characters looked nice in the select screen, and they showed alot of detail, but then the nightmare started.

The sounds of the helicopter absolutely drove me nuts! And don't even get me started on the control, it's very unresponsive, and jumping is a nightmare when pressing up.

The hit detection sucks as well, all I found myself doing is hanging on the side on the building trying to punch pieces out, but all that happened was I kept punching thin air! The graphics also suck, I mean come on a red gorilla? That is so stupid, I mean could they at least make him brown?

Overall this game sucks. Most of the time with games like this I say something along the lines of "only buy this if you see it in a Goodwill bin for a few bucks". Well you know what, the only reason you should buy this is if it's the only Atari 2600 game missing from your library.

This is no doubt the worst Atari 2600 game ever, even worse than E.T.

Hardcore_Sadism1

Rampage/2600/F

Postby Hardcore_Sadism1 » August 20th, 2011, 6:46 pm

What about Karate for the Atari 2600? I know, I played it on an emulator, but my point sustains.

Return to “Reader Reviews”