Tutankham/2600

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

Tutankham/2600

Postby Alienblue » September 8th, 2011, 12:45 pm

TUTANKHAM / 2600 / C

Like the 2600 PAC MAN, this isn't really a bad game in and of itself, but its a MESS compared to the coin-op! Why bother to even CALL it Tutankham?

The graphics are indeciphrable. You control a yellow paper clip that looks like it gets, um, "aroused" when you pick up a key. The screen scrolls VERTICALLY, not horizontally, and while there are a dozen enemy monsters, they look like blobs of colours smeared on the screen. The funniest part is when you get the map and it just says M  A  P , like, WOW! I've seen little toddlers SCRIBBLE things better then this.

The Tutankham theme is there at start, but the TIP TIP TIP SQWEEK sounds are unpleanent. The CONTROL is horrible, with shots fired at random left and right.

I was all set to give this an F-, but seriously it is actually interesting if you stick with it. There are four levels, and so many different enemies and treasures you can't help but be interested. So give it an A for a good game but an F for trying to be something its not, that averages out to a C.

And remember, I before E except after C.........!

PacFan

Tutankham/2600

Postby PacFan » September 9th, 2011, 10:42 am

Another good review. I not sure if that was compliment towards Pac Man but I'll take it that way.

It seems your hitting the Parker Brothers game pretty hard. So please keep an open mind when you review Strawberry Shortcake!! I mean where else can you find the Purple Pie Man in a classic game. Besides evil villians always rate a high score.

Astrosmasher1

Tutankham/2600

Postby Astrosmasher1 » September 10th, 2011, 2:51 pm

I must say I give it a Bplus.. the reason for this is that i played in back in eighty two and it was so awesome back then....

Jake

Tutankham/2600

Postby Jake » September 16th, 2011, 9:49 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher]I must say I give it a Bplus.. the reason for this is that i played in back in eighty two and it was so awesome back then....[/QUOTE]

I really like Tutankham! I got over 4,000 this yr! I completed the whole game
(all levels), there's so much depth and strategies you can do, like hide in some corners or hold against the wall and auto-fire the oncoming critters.... the key is to know what to do... and how to work around the sensative collision detection.
This games graphics aren't great but it does have 4 full levels to explore. Then it repeats 1 difficulty higher...

This game had 4 difficulty levels. If playing game 1 and you last to game 4... it stays on game 4 untill you run out of lives, just like Frontline, same way.

B- or so for me, would be higher but the control and sound effects could be better.

jhammond1

Tutankham/2600

Postby jhammond1 » June 10th, 2012, 1:15 pm

I love this game!  it's my favorite 2600 game to play for fun.  I spent hours as a kid back in 1982 mastering the controls and figuring out all the quirks and tuff spots to beat...then, I finally made it through all 4 chambers one day...wow!  I still play this game today once in a while, but not always beat all four chambers.  I always sucked at the arcade game, but this port is playable and fun!!

Return to “Reader Reviews”