LEGO STAR WARS / DS

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

LEGO STAR WARS / DS

Postby Alienblue » September 10th, 2011, 12:58 pm

LEGO STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA / DS / B+

Thanks B!!!!!! I have been very interested in LEGO lately so my friend B gifted me with this Nintendo DS game.

I haven't gotten very far yet. This game is EXTREMELY INVOLVED, its not a "twiddle your thumbs" game like Bejeweled. In fact it reminds me very much of the 2600 ADVENTURE cart, when you start playing you will be thinking What The HEY am I supposed to do anyway? Then you learn to swing your lightsaber, break open a box and hidden lego pieces fall out. This is a game of discovery. You start out controlling Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker at the same time, but soon find other characters like C-3PO you can morph into. Only Episode one is available at the start, but you can unlock other episodes. Expect to spend a LOT of time with this, its really an Action-RPG of sorts and takes time to get into.

My one beef is Sirloin, I mean the graphics.......I actually would have prefered 2600 blocky graphics to the 3D graphics here. They LOOK great and I understand the appeal of "playing with legos", but on the DS the graphics often come off as too ambitious. Its hard to appreciate all the details on a tiny LCD screen. To me, 2D graphics would have made this a straight a game (maybe with the 3D limited to cutscenes).

I like the music and sounds straight from the films, and the fun of discovery really is what this is all about. Again, those who want a quickie five minute experiance need not apply, but those willing to invest the time will love this.

May the fours be with you, be fours and four evah!

Return to “Reader Reviews”