ALIEN, BLUE/2600

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

ALIEN, BLUE/2600

Postby Alienblue » September 19th, 2011, 12:43 pm

ALIEN, with a BLUE background / 2600 / A

Look, they made a game about me in 1982! I'm famous!

Why atari never sued FOX is beyond my grasp, because this game IS PAC MAN. The maze is almost identical to the coin-op Pac Man, the "Aliens" turn blue when you hit a 'Pulsar", the sounds ARE PAC MAN, perfectly reproduced, Hell there are even PRIZES......instead of Fruit, theres a Raygun, Planet, etc.....its obvious from this that Atari was only concearned about rip offs being made for OTHER consoles, not the 2600.

This game is sooooooo much better than the 2600 Pac Man. It showed how good Pac Man could have been......I mean the dots ARE DOTS, not dashes. The control is fine and you actually get a playable Intermission screen..... an abreviated Frogger, in which you must cross the rows of Aliens to get the prize. You can only move forward and Back, as in Freeway.

So this game would be an A+, but I have to knock of the plus because they called it ALIEN......as a movie game this is silly, its CUTE, and its based on a sci-fi horror movie? The Aliens look like adorable little muppets for crying out loud! Still, I'd rather have a good game then a faithful movie translation any day. Any game called ALIENwithBLUE in it MUST BE GREAT!

Greisha1

ALIEN, BLUE/2600

Postby Greisha1 » September 20th, 2011, 8:52 am

At first I thought you were reviewing yourself for the 2600. Whoops!

Return to “Reader Reviews”