Buck rogers/2600

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

Buck rogers/2600

Postby Alienblue » September 21st, 2011, 12:47 pm

BUCK ROGERS / 2600 / F

Does anyone out there LIKE this game? I first played the COLECO ADAM version which was outstanding.......now, i don't expect the 2600 to be able to compete with a 128K computer game, and no one expected the whole arcade game, but the three scenes included here are HORRIBLE.

Your ship is obviously two sprites stuck together and looks like yesterdays ALPO in condensed form.......the planets are just a bunch of lines, the towers are stacks of purple U's, the saucers are blobs and the mother ship is again, two sprites stuck together......two orange cross hatches here. The sound is just BUZZING and rasping noise.

The one neat effect is how LEVEL ONE, TWO etc....slowly scrolls up before each level. But the game itself is a bad LSD trip. BUMMER DUDE!

Astrosmasher1

Buck rogers/2600

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 4th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Alien I thought it was quite good for the VCS.  I did not play this back in the day but was addicted to the arcade game... I played it recently and thought that it was quite good... all things consider... D-

PacFan

Buck rogers/2600

Postby PacFan » October 5th, 2011, 9:47 am

I played it alot back in the 80's and I thought the 2600 version was well done. 

Return to “Reader Reviews”